We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port el Kantaoui

Which Port El Kantaoui hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
14 posts
Save Topic
Port el Kantaoui

2 days until myself and my girlfriend are finally off to PEK.

Having spoken to a few people, we are still not sure as to what the situation is regarding nightlife. We have booked All Inclusive but would on some nights like to get out anf maybe go to a club or some late bars. We've heard Sousse is good but has anyone been to PEK recently? Are the bars or clubs open late? We're 40s so don't want to be like holiday louts but we at least want to goand have a boogie and a drink when the drinks finish at the hotel. Also are we best taking spirits in our luggage or buying there. What are the limits on drink and cigs?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port el Kantaoui

Get two bottles of Vodka at the airport for £22. Apple we got. Spirits are quite week out there. Yes there are night clubs but we did not go, was told they are open till at least 4am.

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port el Kantaoui

There is better nightlife in Sousse, but there are clubs in PeK but usually most are within hotels.

Most all inc bars finish at midnight.

Which hotel are you staying at?

You have the Puca Irish bar which is open quite late, attached to Hotel Kanta.

Golf Brau at the other end of resort (Sousse end) that opens til very late.

As for duty free, you are allowed 1 litre of spirits each, 200 cigs .

Birmingham, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Port el Kantaoui

We're staying at kanta resort as it happens! Any good? I think we'll need to go to Sousse then. Are the other hotels in PEK easily accessible if so what sort of time do they stay open to?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port el Kantaoui

We was at the Abou Sofiane last September they had a disco open till 02.00. Got told of a disco nearby that was open till around 04.00.

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Port el Kantaoui

Al Mandra is a restaurant near Soviva resort hotel, that has live music and disco upstairs ever night, think it shuts at 3am.

Birmingham, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Port el Kantaoui

Thanks, I take it the hotel discos are easily accessible to the public then?

Any infos on bars/discos and also any recommendations nearby for a decent meal would be handy please.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Port el Kantaoui

That's the one Julie near the Soviva. I got talking to a couple and that's were they use to go. Too late for us though.

Birmingham, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Port el Kantaoui

Bump.

Any recommendations as to good bars, places to eat and are the other hotel discos easy to get into if not a resident there in PEK.

Any info on Sousse too would be appreciated

Going tomorrow and can't wait so want to be prepared.

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Port el Kantaoui

Portek

If you type in 'Bars in Sousse' or 'Restaurants in Sousse' and likewise for Port el Kantaoui then lots of previous posts will come up with info.

Also, go on the Sousse forum page and PeK forum page and lots of info given there too.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Port el Kantaoui

I take it the hotel discos are easily accessible to the public then?

Not that I know of, Only residents of the hotel could use the disco at the Abou.

Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations