We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best way to change currency?

Which Port El Kantaoui hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Darlington, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best way to change currency?

Is it easier to take all the money out of the bank in the UK then just change to Tunisian dinar as and when needed? Or easier to change it all in one go? Or take it from the bank in little bits to be changed over? I'm not sure what is the easiest way to do it!

Also, what kind of plug adapters will I need?

Thanks!!

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best way to change currency?

Take your British Pounds with you and take a debit card as back up.

You can change your pounds to Dinars either on arrival at the airport or at your hotel.

Change little at a time, i usually start off with about £30 changed into dinars which at the moment you will get around 85 dinar, and everything is so cheap in Tunisia.

Tell your bank you may be using your card in Tunisia just so they know and they dont block it.

You need European 2 pin round head travel adaptors.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 18:55
Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best way to change currency?

There are a couple of banks around the port and fountain area in Port el Kantaoui too with ATM's attached, the one just inside the entrance of the port has the option of changing language to English, so that may help.

I always use the one next the the Big Market supermarket, thats in French but easy enough for me to work out, lol

3. Re: What is the best way to change currency?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations