We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Adana Airport to Kizkalesi

Great Dunmow...
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Adana Airport to Kizkalesi

I will be flying to Adana in 3 weeks time and we're not sure if anyone can meet me and take me to Kizkalesi, does anyone know if there is a bus service for this route or a rough idea of taxi cost please?

Iceland
Level Contributor
826 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Adana Airport to Kizkalesi

I did that drive in a rental car. More than 2 hours nonstop except for the road toll.

A taxi would cost a fortune.

Bus station is not far from the airport. Take a taxi to get there, take a bus to Mersin and a local bus or dolmus from mersin to Kizkalesi. Or may be ask if the buses going towards Antalya will make a stop for you. The highway goes right through Kizkalesi village.

Do not worry about the schedule. Buses go every hour in daytime

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Adana Airport to Kizkalesi

Kızkalesı is at Erdemli just west of Mersin and thereare several buses going there but what sort of time do you expect to land?Let me know and I can pull up suitable buses for you.

Great Dunmow...
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Adana Airport to Kizkalesi

Thank you :-)

My flight arrives at 07.25 on 05/11/2011

This will be my first time making the trip alone, normaly my husband comes to meet me with a car but he will be away. Iam quiet nervous about where to go and how to make myself understood as my Turkce is very limited.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Great Dunmow...
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Adana Airport to Kizkalesi

Thank Kria, it will have to be a bus because I don't drive and I cannot pay for a taxi all that way.

Do the local taxi drivers speak any English, do you think I could make my request to be taken to the Mersin bus stop understood?

Thank you again.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Adana Airport to Kizkalesi

English is spoken there by a few people due to the large US airbase close by but have everything written down on a bit of paper ready to show people just in case.☺

As Kria says the airport is very close to the otogar and it is to the west of the city which is easier for you.Take a taxi to the otogar as you'e sure to have luggage.This bit's easy just say "otogar lutfen".

At the otogar you'll see all the offices with boards outside showing their routes.Say to the taxi driver "Erdemli otobus ofis"and he'll drop you by it.Otogar staff are very helpful and will get you onto the right bus.They leave every hour.

One thought just occured;are you flying domestic from Istanbul?If so then Pegasus have a transfer bus from Adana airport to Mersin which is only a few lira(maybe 10TL)then from Mersin you could just take a local taxi out to Erdemli maybe another 10TL.The transfer bus stops near to the stadium and there will be a taxi rank there.Say to the driver "Erdemli" and try to have the actual address written to show him.

If you are with Pegasus this would be the easiest and cheapest way with least number of changes involved.

flypgs.com/en/airport-transport/default.aspx

Haaa,just seen the arrival times and guess that yes,you are.☺

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from Adana Airport to Kizkalesi

I guess you would need to take a taxi from the airport to the otogar. Guney Akdeniz have buses at 08:30 and 10:00 to Silifke, they could probably drop you off at Kizkalesi. There may be other buses too.

http://www.guneyakdeniz.com/

Great Dunmow...
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from Adana Airport to Kizkalesi

Thank you again Sarikanarya, I did not realise that Pegasus had a transfer service.

Do you know if I must book my transfer before I get to Adana or do you know if I can just go to the bus and ask them to take me?

Great Dunmow...
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from Adana Airport to Kizkalesi

Thank you for the link David, I will look into this option.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from Adana Airport to Kizkalesi

No,no need to book they are there for each of their incoming flights.Several domestic airlines now have local airport transfer buses including Pegasus,Atlasjet and Onurair.Good luck!

Great Dunmow...
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport from Adana Airport to Kizkalesi

Thank you so much for this information, I think I will definitely take this option to get to Mersin and from Mersin I hope maybe I can ask a friend to drive me to Kizkalesi or get a taxi.

You have saved me so much money because I really thought I may have to take a taxi from Adana just to make the journey easier but I'm sure I can

manage to find the Pegasus bus outside the airport terminal :-)

Thanks very much,

Jane.

Get answers to your questions about Adana