We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety in Adana

London, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Safety in Adana

I'm thinking of travelling to Adana for a week in April as a lone female.

I'm having a few safety concerns.

Please tell me any safety tips and is it safe to travel alone?

Laura

4 replies to this topic
Tarsus, Turkey
Level Contributor
58 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety in Adana

Adana is as safe as London if not more. But as a man, if i traveled to London alone, i would also have safety concerns, it is the same.

London, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety in Adana

Please could you give more details?

I'm worrying about what kind of clothes to pack? Will I be safe walking the town on my own? Etc

Budapest, Hungary
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety in Adana

Hi Laura,

I'm a european woman, I spent 6 weeks there last summer. City is safe for traveling alone, but you should prepare with decent clothes, I mean knee long skirts at least. Anyway I was walking/busing around alone a several times, but you should prepare that there is a lot of men on the streets and they will stare you, just because you look like european. Bit creepy, but it is easy to handle. Other things, it is unsafe to be too friendly to men, I learned that on my own, most of them thinks you're "easy", because you're a foreigner.

However, I don't want to oppose you to go there, it's a great city to spend a fews days, but it hasn't any seeside.

London, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety in Adana

Thank you so much.

I'm panicking and maybe over analysing.

I'm only going to be out there 7-8 days but I'll be alone for a couple of days and want to travel around.

Please advise on hotels and places to avoid

Reply to: Safety in Adana
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Adana