We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for Surviving Your Holiday with the Kids

Colchester
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tips for Surviving Your Holiday with the Kids

From packing, to the flight,the transfers, at the beach, at the hotel/apartments.

Interested to know if any of you have any nints or tips you would like to share for holidaying abroad with the kids?

Apart from leaving them behind, because for many of us that is not an option...lol

Nottingham
Level Contributor
858 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for Surviving Your Holiday with the Kids

A good kids club lol. How old are they ?

Colchester
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for Surviving Your Holiday with the Kids

AIdloz,

I was just thinking in general, not just for myself., thought a thread like this maybe of help to others.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips for Surviving Your Holiday with the Kids

<<<Apart from leaving them behind, because for many of us that is not an option...lol<<

LOL that was my first thought..he he he

travelling in the summer months bring UV protected swim wear

by floatables, beachy items in turkey rather than bringing from the UK or elsewhere.

make sure your kids stay hydrated in the heated months

stress to children and adults even that they need to where proper footwear around the pool and to the bathroom. I dont like seeing children or adults running to the bathroom without shoes ( flip flops etc and then jump back into the pool..good way to spread deadly germs people.

thats is all I can think about right now..but I might come back later

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips for Surviving Your Holiday with the Kids

Stick to their usual routine where possible.For example of they normally go to bed at say,10 p.m. then continue this on holiday.Kids get tired quickly especially if it is hot.You see folks trawling around at midnight with tired kids and then see the same kids throwing tiredness tantrums the next day-not a pleasant holiday for anyone.

Don't just leave them to play in the pool with other English kids,take them out and about to experience some of the local culture and people even if in just a simple way.Letting them experience and engage with new things and people keeps them occupied and opens their minds( tires them out quicker too!).

Take some paper and crayons with you and ask them to draw pictures of what they've seen and done that day,even if it is just the friendly barman :)These are memories they can take home to show family and friends.

Colchester
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips for Surviving Your Holiday with the Kids

<<< ake some paper and crayons with you and ask them to draw pictures of what they've seen and done that day, >>>

I like this one, its something I can get our youngest two to do in the evening, while thier elder brother is spending an hour doing his hair before dinner....lol

6. Re: Tips for Surviving Your Holiday with the Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 06:16