We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers

Birkenhead...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Transfers

Hi, we are staying at Goldcity just outside Alanya and have been looking at transfers. I have found a company called "Holidayugo" through "Travelsupermarket". They are quoting a return cost from Antalya in a minibus for 4 adults for £126. This is nearly half the cost of anyone else ( resorthoppa £200). Had anyone ever used this company before or have any other recommendations?

Thank you

Mike

Nottingham
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers

A regular Taxi might be cheaper.Plenty of them about.

wigan
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers

Have used A2B last time from Antalya airport who were excellent and extremely cheap.

They even changed departure Hotel free via email whilst we where in resort due to hotel switch no problem.

Edited: 20 July 2013, 11:42
wigan
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers

qutoe for mid August £100 (in total) return 4 adults express service on mini bus

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers

Or send an email to

graham@siderivieraproperties.com

return direct for up to 4 travelling together £100 - run by a local English family - totally reliable and trustworthy -

Hailsham, England...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers

Hi Im the Operation Director at Holidayugo, I am happy to answer any questions relating to our services. We are cheaper than many other companies, we can offer this as we have worked with the suppliers in these countries for many years and have a great working relationship, in turn we have great rates and we dont 'hike' them up for our customers. We also offer other products such as excursions, attraction tickets etc so we are not just a transfer company! Please feel free to ask away Sarah

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfers

I also was shopping around for a low cost transfer for a family holiday in Cyprus which we have just returned from. I came across holidayugo and found them to be much cheaper than the usual other transfer companies. Being a TA fan for checking up on travel products and hotels I came across this thread, felt reassured and booked. The taxi driver was awaiting us on arrival into Larnaca airport and helped us out to his nearby minivan (3 adults and a child with plenty luggage!).

As instructed for our return transfer I asked the hotel receptionist to reconfirm with the taxi company directly with one of the numbers given to us on the confirmation email sent by holidayugo. Unfortunately the taxi company didn't know anything about the planned pick up. I left it with the receptionist as the taxi company said they would double check and contact the receptionist back. Approximately 45 mins later I got a phone call on my mobile and an email from holidayugo to say that the transfer was all re confirmed for us and that the taxi would pick us up as planned from the hotel lobby. The reason for the confusion was that we (hotel receptionist) had called the wrong taxi company. Where the problem lay over the wrong phone number lay I don't know but the taxi picked us up as planned and it all went perfectly. I was really impressed by the service by holidayugo with the phone call and email to settle my mind at ease that the transfer was re confirmed and so was able to properly relax again on the last day of my holiday.

Granted I am just one person with one experience of them but on the basis of this trip I would gladly use them again and recommend them to others.

Edited: 27 August 2013, 23:13
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfers

Sarah do you have contact details please?

Hailsham, England...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfers

You can contact me sarahd@holidayugo.com many thanks Sarah

Ipswich
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfers

My husband and I have just returned from Crete and used Holidayugo to transfer us to Elounda from Crete Heraklion airport. As mentioned above the cost of the transfers were much cheaper than a number of other providers. On the whole I was happy with the service that was provided. For Crete, Holidayugo were the agents for a company called Delta. The office that we were directed to go to was right outside the exit of Heraklion airport, so nice and easy, and were kindly directed to the coach that we would travelling on. This coach took a number of English travellers that had clearly booked with a host of providers.

However, there were two issues that I was a little surprised about. I feel a bit disingenuous as we were transported to and from the airport in the time specified on the booking and exactly two hours before our flight left Crete, but I feel that they are worth mentioning.

First Elounda is east of the island and we were only 2 out of 4 people travelling further than Malia. Our coach took us to just outside Malia. We were then told that we had to change coaches. The coach that we were to take was thankfully parked behind us in Malia so we were not just abandoned. This then took us to Elounda and Agios Nikolas with a number of other people who were clearly on a booked Thomson transfer ie: we seemed to be 'cadging' (for want of a better word) a lift with a Thomson transfer. (That coach had been parked next to us at the airport). I guess as there wasn't enough of us going to the east of the island. On the way back having been told by the office in Crete to confirm transfers 48 hours ahead rather than 24 hours (as on the booking) and having done this, we waited at the allotted time. No coach arrived and we had to call a Cretan number to again find out when our coach was arriving. Our allotted time had been moved to 20 minutes later. A taxi then pulled up and we were told that it would be taking us to meet the coach (we were not told this by the office having just spoken to them). We were taken to Agios Nikolas (10-12 mins) down the road and deposited by a hotel and were told the coach would arrive in 10 mins. 20 mins later it arrives. Fine. The coach arrived and asked us if were the couple who had been collected by taxi, so there seemed to be some communication. However again it appears that we were travelling a Thomson transfer, on the basis that at the airport a Thomson agent hopped on board and was giving helpful instructions as to where to go to check in - except as Brits going on easyJet rather than Germans going back to Berlin this wasn't very helpful and were told off by the German guide for trying to get off the coach before she had finished - not appreciating that we had nothing to do with Thomson ;0)

The second point which I am not happy with is that before I left I tried to call the Cretan numbers and neither of the two numbers worked. I emailed Holidayugo and got a quick response including confirmation that they would look in to the numbers and would email before I left Crete with a correct and working number to call. I asked the chap at Heraklion for the number which he gave me, BUT I am still waiting for that email!

Would I use them again...I think it would depend where I was.

Rotherham, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfers

Sarah do you have transfers to Mahmutlar we will be flying into Antalya on 14 October for just 1 week.

Get answers to your questions about Alanya
Recent Conversations