We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mahmutlar

Which Alanya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mahmutlar

We are seriously thinking of buying second home in Mahmutlar and plan to spend a fair amount of time there so that we can join in with the local community and enjoy the weather etc. Although we plan to learn Turkish, is there a fair amount of English speaking people there and is there a sense of a community spirit there. Also how does the Healthcare system work. Any information on Mahmutlar will be very helpful. Thank you.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mahmutlar

Hi Davette,

I have lived in various places in Turkey and indeed we have a home in Oba but due to an brain injury we are now back in Mahmutlar in one of the Villas when we can as it is easier for me to manage there with our own pool. We first went there when it was really not developed at all and we find all the changes great and that whole stretch outwards coastwise is super now. Mahmutlar has a lovely mix of people and indeed you become multi lingual very easily between the Scandanavians and the English speakers with a bit of Turkish thrown in. We deliberately choose to have our Villa closer to the beach and do without having to rely on cars or taxis to get up the hills. This way we can walk everywhere and the local shop/restaurant/ bus/taxi and beach are all walkable in 5 or 10 minutes. Well worth that choice especially in the Winter out of season months and you feel like popping out for a desert or after dinner drink, or play scrabble or bridge with the others who are wintering there. Easy to meet up with people but you can not be shy about it, you dont have to be best friends but its learining to live in the eclectic community and you will quickly realise what a tight network there is. I have made friends there and with facebook viber etc easy to keep in touch and have them check on your properties for you by even doing a walk past etc or checking out a situation for you too. We do this for a lot of friends as well as we and our daughter or over and back a lot. Not so much me at the moment as I have to have a 'minder'!! The Health care is a whole other discussion but if you like to pm me your email I can send you some of the official details on a link. We live in the old quarter so we are removed from the busy strip but can walk there 15 mins if we want to and most restaurants or hairdressers etc all collect and drop back so that way we dont get the noise and have lovely views of banana plantations. Please feel free to contact me privately and I am happy to chat with you if you like as can discuss the areas with you too. Either way it is a lovely place now with the banks etc so you dont need to go into Alanya for everything . Just do not buy off plan and make sure to buy secondhand with the Tapu etc all in place. am sure others will advise on that as well. If you do go there be sure to get in touch again and I can suggest some places for you to pop in to that will start you off in makeing new contacts. Mahmutlar also has a wonderful international cultural centre, where trips are organised and you just pay for your place, eg ballet, jazz, opera, musicals in Aspendos (just rem to bring your cushion!), trips to other parts of turkey and you meet other people living there too. Language classes in Turkish are run there, art, etc loads of things really. good luck with it all. If you are still undecided, take your time and perhaps rent somewhere for a few months for the first winter and see how you like it before buying. I helped a few people that way and it worked out well for them.

Norwich, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mahmutlar

Thank you again, it really is reassuring. I would love to keep in touch with you so here is my email address yvette.astley72@gmail.com Also I am on Facebook so I will send a request to be friends with you. Thanks very much, at the moment we are waiting on an offer we have put in for an apartment. Think we will have to wait till Monday for a reply. It is a furnished resale. We are so very excited about it. All being well if the seller is agreeable with the offer we plan to go out in the first week of Jan. Look forward to meeting up with you one day.

Yvette

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mahmutlar

Hi did you get the place on Monday?

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mahmutlar

HI

can u give me an idea of the location in regard to town centre and any thought good or bad

longtermlettings.com/r/…

MANY THANKS

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mahmutlar

Hi there, sent you info in response to your private message. If these apartments are the ones in Barbaros Cad (St) you are close to everything and can walk and bus easily.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Mahmutlar

hi,

need some help, me and my family stay in family apartments in august for 3 weeks, but due some troubles we need to keep on tight budget,

i read what theres some kind of Lokantas aka cheap local eating places

maybe someone could point any decent lokantas near https://www.google.lt/maps/place/36%C2%B028'59.7%22N+32%C2%B006'06.6%22E/@36.4832434,32.101828,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

thanx in advance

7. Re: Mahmutlar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Alanya