We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing a hotel!!

Kilmarnock, United...
5 posts
Choosing a hotel!!

I am looking to book our family holiday for October 2018 (probably week of the 8th).This will be our first visit to Turkey and I really like the look of the Antalya area (let’s face it if mums happy, Dad & kids are happy!😊), but there’s so much choice!

I think I have narrowed it down to 4 hotels but was looking for some advice & recommendations about best suitable. We’re a family of 4 (two boys who will be 5 & 7 when we go. Looking for somewhere with lots going on for the boys, good pools, entertainment & lovely food & drinks.

Not sure if we need somewhere where we can get out and about or if we pick hotel right we’ll be quite happy where we are in the resort.

The hotels I’ve narrowed down to (but open to other suggestions) are:

Voyage Belek or Sorgun

Barut Kemer

Liberty Lara.

Thanks for your help!😃

12 replies to this topic
Moss, Norway
Level Contributor
480 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Choosing a hotel!!

The voyage sorghum is in Side. The hotel I fantastic and Side is the best resort on the Antalya coast. Side has turkeys second longest beach with a nice beach promenade. Side old town has lots of ruins, shops and a great harbour area with bars, restaurants and shops.. Check out the Barut hotels also...

Moss, Norway
Level Contributor
480 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Choosing a hotel!!

Also check out the Pegasus world and dream world aqua...

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: Choosing a hotel!!

Hiya

We've just come back from our first visit from voyage belek and absolutely loved it. For your first visit to Turkey you can't go wrong with the vb. The food drinks and staff are amazing!

We stayed at the voyage sorgun years ago and loved it and although it's had a major refurb since then so is more modern than vb, with two children the transfer is quicker to vb.

I haven't stayed at the liberty but stayed next door at the baia and I wouldnt say that it's in the same league as voyages.

I can't help on the barut kemer only to say that the barut chain are supposed to be good but kemer is a long transfer.

Happy holiday hunting!!

Edited: 11 November 2017, 13:48
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,658 posts
122 reviews
4. Re: Choosing a hotel!!

Hi,

I've been to the Voyage Belek and Voyage Sorgun, and would recommend both. But for location to get out and about more I agree with Thomas that the Sorgun is in a better location. You can walk along the beach to Side Old town in about half an hour, or there are buses and taxis right outside that will get you there in a couple of minutes.

Both hotels have fabulous facilities and a large selection of a la carte restaurants, so you wouldn't have to go out for anything, but if you choose the Sorgun do make an effort to visit Side as it's a lovely town.

Em

w.mids
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Choosing a hotel!!

Hi,

You got the order spot on.

VB is best, then VS.....forget Liberty....miles behind the Voyages.

Kilmarnock, United...
5 posts
6. Re: Choosing a hotel!!

Thank you everyone for your advice.

Think we’ll probably go with one of the Voyages.

I just can’t make my mind up if I want somewhere where we stay on site or where we can go out a wander which I’m used to doing on holiday.

Another quick question.. am I best to book just now (sunshine.com coming in cheapest at the moment) or are there good deals to be had in January?

Thanks again!😃

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Choosing a hotel!!

If it's your first visit to turkey I think you will be amazed how much there is to offer in food, bars and entertainment so much so you never need to move from the resort if you don't want to, even staying in the resort all the time you can eat in a diffrent restaurant every night if you want

Out of you pr list I would pick voyage belek

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
60 reviews
8. Re: Choosing a hotel!!

You can easily get into belek town or kadryie for shops and the markets from the vb by taxi, it's not far at all. It's just not as nice a town as side with its harbour and ancient ruins etc.

But once youre at either hotel you'll be hard pressed to tear yourself away! Lol.

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
74 posts
19 reviews
9. Re: Choosing a hotel!!

Did you have a look at the Porto Bello Resort & Spa? It has a private beach (clear blue water; Konyaalti area), a pool, restaurant, poolside bar, an event for children taking place almost every night I think etc. It has a lot to offer. The area itself is a bit isolated though but do have a look at this resort and what it has to offer.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,814 posts
29 reviews
10. Re: Choosing a hotel!!

SyedA95 whilst the Porto Bello is a good hotel unfortunately it is a different type to the ones that the original question was about ;o)

Reply to: Choosing a hotel!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted