We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do in the lara beach/antalya area

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
124 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
what to do in the lara beach/antalya area

can anybody advise on any "must do' excursions,days out,things to see and do in the antalya/lara beach area area?

we are due to arrive at the delphin palace on may 14 and was just trying to get some useful tips before we go.

any feedback would be appreciated.

regards

andy and kerri

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do in the lara beach/antalya area

Hi Andy and Kerri,

If you are staying in Antalya there are some must sees in the area. I would recommend that you take a trip to Perge, Aspendos, Termesoss, caves, Duden waterfalls, boat trip to the waterfalls, Koprulu Kanyon ( Beş Konak ).

As for sightseeing Antalya has the old city ( Kaleici), old ottoman fishing houses that are now restored into small boutique hotels

Here are some of my reviews that I posted on the TA. Or if you click on my profile picture you will see them as well.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297962-d548…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297963-d548…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297962-d554…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297962-d294…

and my newly posted review

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297962-d653…

You most certainly have to stroll around the old city area called the Kaleici. And then down to the marina area. Nice little tea houses etc. Take an afternoon or morning exploring the Antalya museum. Get down to the Beach park area some nice restaurants. Have some beach time either on the Konyaalti side or Lara Side.

Go shopping...my favorite...Shopping in Antalya is super too from the big shopping malls like MMM Migros to the small shops and kioks in the Kaleiçi. Have a look at my Inside page about Antalya Shopping.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g297962-s405/Antalya:…

Another museum of interest to visit is the Suna-İnan Kıraç Museum set in an old ottoman fishing house and located in the Kaleici. It holds artifacts from Anatolian culture and local life in the ancient Kaleici.

Helpful web page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antalya

just to name a few...

You can see my photos and the historicals sights around Antalya at this page.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/

have a great trip

CanMom

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do in the lara beach/antalya area

bumping for the member AlbenaSofia....as they sent me a private message with similar questions...

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to do in the lara beach/antalya area

bumping this up again for the member kim03wirral...as they sent me a private message with similar questions...

CanMom

budapest
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: what to do in the lara beach/antalya area

Hello!

I' ve read a former comment of canmom, and I liked the idea to visit Termessos, Perge and Aspendos in one day. The only problem is that I cant rent a car or motorcycle..

Is there any buses between these cities? Or should I go back to Antalya and travel to the next stop from there?

Do you think is it possible to make this tour in one day WITHOUT a car/motorcycle?

Thanks!

liloo

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to do in the lara beach/antalya area

Hi liloo23,

Without a car I really think it would be a bit impossible to try and see all these sights within one day. You are better to make day trips to the areas with most likely some of the organized tours that are available around Antalya. Most hotels might offer tours or can offer up a bit more information or visit the many local travel agencies in the Old city center of Antalya and they certainly will have tours and groups going to these spots. Good luck

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to do in the lara beach/antalya area

bumping up again for those travelling to the Antalya area or areas for things to do...

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what to do in the lara beach/antalya area

bumped

northumberland
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: what to do in the lara beach/antalya area

I'm going to Lara beach next week over christmas and new year, has anyone been to Turkey over this period before? I'd like to know if its still hot, and are things still open over the winter?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what to do in the lara beach/antalya area

the weather right now is still very nice...not sun-bathing weather however...no garantee to the weather patterns can change all the time...be prepared for chances or rain and get out and enjoy the historical sites :=)))

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what to do in the lara beach/antalya area

also the actually city of Antalya holds over 1 million residents so yes many things will be opened.........cannot comment to exactly where you are staying in Lara beach...I would assume some water sprorts etc..might be closed...but cannot be sure !!