We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's the weather, early March, please?

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How's the weather, early March, please?

We will be staying near Antalya, for the first 2 weeks of March and don't know what clothes to bring as the weather seems unperdictable.

How hot might it be please? possibly teeshirts, shorts, sandals?

How wet might it be please? If it might rain, are they quick showers or downpours like England?

How cold might it be please?

Many thanks

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How's the weather, early March, please?

March can be a mixed bag....possibly nice sunny warm days but the nights will be cooler so make sure that you bring along a light jacket and long pants. Last year at that time it was very nice. The chance of rain is also possible. And it could be a down pour.

Here is a post for what to do on a rainy day;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297962-i772-k1046…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antalya#Climate

I would guess the temps around 15-18C...possibly..

Due to global warming things are changing all over the world.

Please refer your questions to this post and you can find out the daily temps in Antalya or other places in Turkey everyday.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293969-i367-k1181…

London
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How's the weather, early March, please?

hmmm.

Thanks for your prompt and helpful response to my impossible question.

If you asked me the same question about London, I wouldn't be able to tell you - can range from heatwave to ice and snow.

Will keep an eye on the sites you have kindly suggested and be ready to empty my entire wardrobe, (apart from English really wintery stuff) into the suitcase!

Many thanks Canmom

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How's the weather, early March, please?

Just an update for you Elaine...todays weather in Antalya was very nice..sunny and 17C...however needed a sweater outside and in the shade it was cooler...but a fantastic day...took the kids to the waterfalls...have not been in years...

London
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How's the weather, early March, please?

Thanks for that, Canmom.

Hope the good weather continues.

You've been really helpful - just seems ridiculous to take a huge suitcase, but as we'll be in a hotel and can't wear the same things every day, guess that's what we'll have to do.

Cheers

Elaine

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How's the weather, early March, please?

bump for another member regarding weather

6. Re: How's the weather, early March, please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 23:16