We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Troy Waterpark??

London
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Troy Waterpark??

I have read some bad comments and reviews on this waterpark?

What is your opinion on it?

We always like going to a waterpark or something similair are there any others in Antalya?

Thanks!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Troy Waterpark??

Hi Louise

I notice you are looking at staying in Lara and not sure it would be worth travelling to Belek for the Aqua Park.

All the lara hotels have decent waterslides, some better than others. The Royal Wings has a really good selection of slides and rides for the children.

runcorn
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
486 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Troy Waterpark??

There are water parks in antalya

London
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Troy Waterpark??

Thanks for the replys guys!

Am looking for anything you would reccommend to do in Antalya?

We do like waterparks, or dolphin and sea lion place but have heard bad reports on the troy waterpark? so is there anything nearer to Lara that would be similair?

Also what excursions would you reccommend?

Thanks!

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
752 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Troy Waterpark??

Hi Louise

We stayed at the Rixos in July last year and my children used the Troy water park every day. What "bad" comments have you heard? Personally , my only negative observation was that the paths and sunbed areas were somewhat unkempt and quite muddy from wet feet and dripping guests. Of course the facilities may have deteriorated since our visit.

As Toady says Royal Wings hotel in particular has a very good selection of water slides on site as does it's sister hotel Royal Dragon which is further from Antalya in Colakli near the town of Side. I can also recommend the Gloria Golf hotel which has about 8 large water slides and a selection of smaller ones. You can also use the slides at the Gloria Verde hotel which is accessible by a shuttle bus which travels between the three Gloria hotels and the Gloria Golf course.

Antalya harbour is quite picturesque and you can take boat trips around the harbour and to the waterfalls. From your hotel you will also be able to arrange longer boat trips, quad bike or jeep safaris, mountain trekking, trips to historical sites like Perge and Aspendos etc

London
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Troy Waterpark??

Hi,

Thanks for the great advice.

The bad comments are terrible, everything is dirty, and the staff are rude, I even read that the staff members were dragging around a monkey on a lead!!! which is just terrible!!

I also reads the slides are dangerous and dolphins and sea lions are badly treated, as well as the park being absolutely packed that you could harldy move!! Ive also seen pictures of this and it looks awful!!

Has this reflected your experience there?

We are looking to stay at the Baia Lara Hotel on Lara Beach, it looks amazing!! they have about 3-5 water slides which should be ok..but I was just thinking of places to go really outside of the hotel..the boat trips and waterfalls sound great, and the quad biking would be fun aswell!!

Thanks!

Louise : )

London
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Troy Waterpark??

Hi,

Thanks for the great advice.

The bad comments are terrible, everything is dirty, and the staff are rude, I even read that the staff members were dragging around a monkey on a lead!!! which is just terrible!!

I also reads the slides are dangerous and dolphins and sea lions are badly treated, as well as the park being absolutely packed that you could harldy move!! Ive also seen pictures of this and it looks awful!!

Has this reflected your experience there?

We are looking to stay at the Baia Lara Hotel on Lara Beach, it looks amazing!! they have about 3-5 water slides which should be ok..but I was just thinking of places to go really outside of the hotel..the boat trips and waterfalls sound great, and the quad biking would be fun aswell!!

Thanks!

Louise : )

7. Re: Troy Waterpark??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2011, 05:16