We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baia Lara or Barut Lara?

London
Level Contributor
166 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Baia Lara or Barut Lara?

I am anticipating a week's holiday in mid January and have searched through this forum and have decided to stay at either of these hotels. Please can you advise out of these two, with factors being rooms, facilities, location, beach and so forth. Is standard rooms OK or is it worth upgrading?

Many thanks in advance!

Bibliosd.

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baia Lara or Barut Lara?

I have looked at both of these hotels and am going to Barut Lara next Easter. My main reason for choosing this hotel is because of its 24 hr winter AI concept.

It has an outdoor pool with the chill taken off and branded drinks. I was tempted by the Baia but they do not serve branded drinks (this may or may not be important to you). We have booked the Barut Lara 2-bed residence and if you look on their website there is a virtual tour of the hotel which may help you make your decision. For the right price though, I would definitely look at the Baia for a winter break.

www.baruthotels.com.tr/360/lara/en.html

http://www.baiahotels.com/

Edited: 22 December 2010, 11:33
London
Level Contributor
166 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baia Lara or Barut Lara?

Thanks for your quick reply, not sure if you know if the Barut has a beach or if it nearby? Also if the beach is walking distance do they have sunbeds and parasols for hotel guests?

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baia Lara or Barut Lara?

I toured the BL and yes it has a beach and pier (although I didn't see them). Have a look at the pictures on Holidaycheck (German website). The grounds are vast (lots of grass). Lara Beach is one long strip of 5* hotels - not much at the front of the hotel, but they all have their own beach area. Pier won't be open in Jan though.

translate.google.co.uk/translate…

Edited: 22 December 2010, 12:50
London
Level Contributor
166 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baia Lara or Barut Lara?

Please disregard last post as i have checked out the link you sent me,

Cheers,

bibliosd.

Herts
Level Contributor
488 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baia Lara or Barut Lara?

I was at the Barut Lara in late July , wonderful hotel and holiday. But the question would I pay for an upgrade?I did have a Junior Suite and to be honest can easily afford the extra , but to really honest , I think that the general standard of room and service in the main block does not really justify the greater cost of the J.S.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,392 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baia Lara or Barut Lara?

I would probably not pay for a Junior Suite in the summer season but in January then the extra is not that much and well worth it. We have paid for it in April to have the extras and again it was not that much more.It will be our 5th time at the Barut Lara.We have stayed in a standard room which was very nice and is in the main hotel, the Suites are in another building.

The Baia is a newer hotel but the AI package is not as good as the Barut Lara.

You have charges for the Al a cartes there and the choice of drinks is not as good! Like Bugalugs says it is what matters to you and I would consider a week at the Baia but if the Barut Lara was the same price then no contest.

The Barut Lara is the first hotel in Lara beach, the Baia is at the far end.

January will be very quiet and a perfect time for a relaxing break.

London
Level Contributor
166 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baia Lara or Barut Lara?

Thank you all for your replies, I think I am swaying more to the Barut rather than the Baia!

One last thing (or two), can anyone suggest whether I should book transfers from here or are cabs relatively cheap? What will the weather be like in mid January?

Thanks again, comments really appreciated.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baia Lara or Barut Lara?

I am very lucky in the fact im off to the Baia in jan and Barut in april, we only booked the Baia because we found a really good deal. Barut was booked at the start of the year as its hubbys 30th and farther in laws 60th. Hope you have a good holiday whichever hotel you choose.

Edited: 23 December 2010, 20:40
9. Re: Baia Lara or Barut Lara?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2011, 05:56