We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barut Lara - Dress Code

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Barut Lara - Dress Code

Apologies if this has been answered before, but please could someone tell me if men need to wear long trousers in the evening in the buffet restaurant and also in the a la carte restaurants at the Barut Lara? Are smart long knee length shorts acceptable for men or not? My OH's best bit is his legs..lol

Sorry to sound so dim, but I'm not used to the luxury of 5 star hotels, so not sure what is appropriate.

Do the women really dress up alot in the evening or not really? At the Xanadu last year there were alot of women dressed up to the nines with very high heels & what looked like expensive dresses on and I felt a little underdressed at times. I think most of these people weren't English though.

All help greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Sharon x

Edited: 17 January 2011, 21:59
Herts
Level Contributor
480 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barut Lara - Dress Code

The correct answer is , your husband will be fine BUT I think 3/4 length trousers with an exposed hairy calf looks ghastly . If you can make an effort so can he. He can slop around all day in what ever he wants .... please guys make an effort!

Yes my wife makes a huge effort in the evening , but in July/Aug the heat /humidity has too be taken inconsideration.

Ps . I'm a huge fan of the Buffet , the al a carte's did not interest me.

BBQ was fun .

PPS 5* in Turkey is a bit of an overstatement .

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
685 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barut Lara - Dress Code

My husband wears either trousers or jeans, and this is acceptable as most people tend to dress 'smart casual' - including the ladies. You will not have to go overboard (unless you really want to!), as the evenings are quite casual.

Whatever you and your hubby decide to wear you will be fine and I am sure you will enjoy the 5* Barut Lara as we do - as our visit in April will be our 5th!

Your excitement is rubbing off on to me as it is 12 weeks today that we go... and I am getting more giddy every day.

Val

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,026 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barut Lara - Dress Code

Hi Snowski and schoolholiday

Sharon at Easter my husband usually wears trousers and Jeans like Val says but this year because Easter falls later I will pack some 3/4 shorts. I think the dressy ones are fine. In summer most men wear their nice shorts but maybe wear long trousers for the Al a cartes! This does not mean they have not made an effort.Wear what is comfortable to you I say !

At the Barut Lara when we go some ladies do wear casual and some do dress up more. I tend to wear casual smart.

I have seen this type of comment like the one from wallbash on other threads about the 5 star hotels in Turkey ! Well having travelled all over Europe and stayed AI in Spain, Greece, Cyprus, and the Canaries etc the Turkish 5 star hotels are winners for me!

Service is 5 star compared to other Countries, and if your nice to the staff, they will respond warmly and become like a friend.I dislike it when you read that the Germans for example get priority treatment, it is not something we have ever felt.

One staff member at the Barut Lara Murat, who is a wonderful kind man had his own tables to serve at the Gala dinner on New Years Eve 2009 but was running over to our table because he knew us and another couple from previous years and insisted on making sure we wanted for nothing!

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barut Lara - Dress Code

Many thanks for your replies.

We are very much looking forward to our very special holiday at the Barut Lara and have no doubts whatsoever that we have made an excellent choice. I will be writing my honest review upon our return. We always treat staff at hotels with the kind respect they so deserve and have so far only received outstanding service back in return.

I will pack some full length trousers for my OH as well as some smart 3/4 length trousers. I actually quite like his hairy calves and certainly wouldn't want him to shave them...lol.

Smart casual sounds ideal for us....and I hope that my excitement is rubbing off on other people...as I have got far too much excitement for one person!!

When can I start packing? Do you think it's too early to get the suitcases down from the loft?

Sharon x

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,026 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barut Lara - Dress Code

Maybe a tad to soon Sharon, but with 6 to pack for you need to be organised !!

With this dreary weather we are need something to keep us going until we get some lovely sunshine, so yes everyone is just as excited !

I do feel for those that have to wait until summer for their holiday, it certainly has been a long winter !

gravesend
Level Contributor
632 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barut Lara - Dress Code

I love reading these threads, can't believe someone commented on your husbands legs Sharon !!! he he, my oh also has hairy legs and will be wearing a mix of 3/4 shorts and jeans!!

I'm probably taking a couple of dresses and black trousers and few 'evening' tops.

Maybe a tad early to get the cases out, maybe you could start your holiday shopping for the kids etc!!

Ann,

just to confirm, the a la cartes can be booked the day before you want to eat at guest relations? are they open all day or 9 to 5? I think from memory there's one that children are not allowed in?

Thanks

Emma x

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barut Lara - Dress Code

These threads make me smile too :-)

Actually my OH's legs are his best asset including the hairs...lol. Now the first thing you are all going to do when you meet him is look at his legs aren't you...LOL!! and he won't have a clue why everyone is suddenly obsessed with his legs...HAHA

Emma - I think there is an a la carte which is adults only. However once you and your daughter have got to know us and if you all feel comfortable with it, we will be more than happy to look after her if you fancy trying the adults only restaurant. My older girls will spoil her rotten and obviously you can have our mobile number See how you feel when there though.

I'm looking forward to buying my one year old a swimsuit as little girls look so cute in them. I need one with a frilly skirt of course :-)

Sharon x

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,026 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barut Lara - Dress Code

Hi Emma,

It does say booked the day before but last year you coud book up to 3 days in advance and bookings are made for several hours in the lobby area at the Guest Services desk from usually 9am onwards. Not to rub it in but for those in a Junior Suite you book in the executive lounge and you can book for further ahead.

The Akdeniz is the over 12's.

The Turkish will be open but the others will be weather dependant because they are outside. Last year the Turunc opened our first week and the Sandals Fish Restaurant opened for the second week but it was two weeks earlier!

gravesend
Level Contributor
632 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barut Lara - Dress Code

Ann

lucky you in your Junior Suite!! it sure does have some great perks!! Thanks

Hopefully the weathe will be good and they will be able to open up the outside restaurants, wonder if they have 'patio' type heaters?!!

Sharon,

Ahh, i do love little girls clothes, so cute! i have been looking through the Next summer catalogue, some lovely bits in there, will probably get most of Sophie's from George, Asda., so reasonable and she's not bothered about 'labels'.....................yet!!

Thanks for the offer of having Sophie if we go the the adult only, much appreciated, maybe we could return the favour for you, we will have a lot to pack into our week, am sure its boing to fly by!!

Emma x

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barut Lara - Dress Code

Hi Emma

Yes I've been looking through the Next catalogue too. The costs soon add up though!

I forget about George at Asda as our nearest Asda is quite a fair way away from where we live. Mind you I think you can order online now. Their clothes are always bright and cheerful and pretty for the girls. They are good value for money too! I will need to take a look. We will probably end up buying the same outfits for our girls :-)

Yes, I have a feeling that our week is going to be gone in a flash too, so I am determined to enjoy and appreciate every single minute we are there.

I have a strange feeling that this visit to BL won't be our last :-)

Sharon x

Edited: 18 January 2011, 19:22