We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barut Lara Bbq

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Barut Lara Bbq

Hi all

I have just read in the review submitted today for the Barut Lara that there is a DIY BBQ restaurant. The person who wrote the reviewed travelled in June, but I was just wondering whether this will be open when we go on 17th April.

Obviously this must be weather dependant, but if the weather is ok do you think it will be open in April? If not we will just have to go back next year in the summer...which is no big hardship...haha..but thought I would ask anyway.

My OH is a great cook and loves cooking and is a dab hand at the old BBQ...hands off him girls...haha. Seriously though he would love that "restaurant". What a brilliant idea!

And they might put a third bed in the kids bedroom for us if I ask them nicely, which frees up the lounge. This hotel is a dream come true!!

PS TA wouldn't let me type BBQ in capital letters in the title...sorry!

Thanks all

Sharon x

Herts
Level Contributor
480 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barut Lara Bbq

Went to the BBQ last July ( 26th) , it was my wedding anniversary. The Hotel gave us a bottle of sparkling wine in an ice bucket , so we duly marched off to the bbq.

The atmosphere was very good , but its is very diy . The chicken/ steaks and frankfurters are in a cooled cabinet and you help yourself . The charcoal small bbq are wheeled to your tables ( previously lit ) they are then perfect to start straight away. The whole event is very relaxed.

But the steaks are very thin , you can have as many as you like , but thin steaks are a pain to cook . The salads/deserts are also very limited Haven't the space to keep cool.This is shown up because of the great spread in the standard restaurant.

To sum up , an enjoyable evening .

gravesend
Level Contributor
635 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barut Lara Bbq

Hi Sharon,

We did the Bbq restaurant at the Lara beach hotel last summer, sounds the same, diy!! they even provided Tom with a 'shower' type hat to wear and cooking oven gloves!! was a giggle . Might be a bit chilly in April, have to wait and see, Toady might know if they opened it last year, think she said they did at the end of her holiday, so you never know!!

Emma x

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barut Lara Bbq

Hi Emma & Wallbash

Many thanks for getting back to me. My OH will be very happy cooking as he loves it...strange man :-) He is actually making some Ciabatta downstairs at the moment to go with his homemade garlic chicken. I hate cooking so I am more than happy to just let him get on with it!

It does sound like a bit of a giggle and he can cook and drink whilst I just sit and drink. If it isn't open this April, then it just gives us an excuse to go back next year! I actually am a bit weird and like my steak cut thin and my OH can just put one on top of each other for his one to make a fatter steak.

We are going to have the best chilled & fun holiday ever...I just know it! Kids will all have a ball too!

Sharon x

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,111 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barut Lara Bbq

Sharon,

It has never been open at Easter when we have been there. The Sandals fish opened last year and the Turunc in the evenings on the warmer evenings.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barut Lara Bbq

Thanks very much Toady

It is completely understandable that they don't open the BBQ restaurant until later on in the season.

We are more than happy with everything the Barut Lara has to offer in April...including the wonderful company of course :-)

I'm sure this visit to the BL won't be our last so we have plenty of time to try the BBQ restaurant at another time.

Sharon x

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
685 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barut Lara Bbq

If we ask or beg nicely, I wonder if they would put us a bbq on for the TA gathering??? It might be an idea!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,111 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barut Lara Bbq

Hi Val,

I am hoping that because we are going later this year they may open it up while we are there ! We only come home on the 29th April so you never know!!

Are you all looking forward to another visit?

Looking at some photos on holidaycheck George the exellent dancer is still there and I think maybe laddo is next to him in the photos of New Years Eve.

Certainly going to be far more Brits there!!

Edited: 29 January 2011, 18:47
South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
685 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barut Lara Bbq

Hi Ann

Yes really looking forward to our holiday, even though it's only been 4 weeks since we got back from Side. This school term seems to be going on and on, but at least the days seem lighter longer.

I think we will notice a difference with the weather this time, as this is the latest we have ever been for Easter.

I must look at the photos on holiday check, I wonder if Fade will be there? Only 10 weeks on Tuesday to wait!!!

Val xx

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,111 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barut Lara Bbq

Hi Val,

Fade was teasing on facebook and asking BL or Sherwood ?

He will be back I hope, no one else could replace him nor Bonus! Fade is like the pied piper for the teens!! Andrew is so keen to go back again and I think our last holiday together so we want it to be a special one for him.

Your dad is still going with you I take it? is that why you booked a Residence ?

It has been a long cold winter and after cancelling our October week I cannot wait to go!!

Yes Easter being later is great, just the longer wait is not! Latest for us to!

Ann x

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
685 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barut Lara Bbq

Ryan just told me that Fade had put that he had a job at the other hotel, so they told him to come back to the BL - we'll have to wait and see.

We have booked a residence room for us three, and dad has got his own room in the main hotel. Thought it best if we all have our own space. Even though dad suffers with his 'memory' he loves to chat to everyone and will join in with everything - he is really looking forward to this holiday too.

Get answers to your questions about Antalya