We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

barut lara

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
barut lara

Hi Toady thinking about barut lara for 1st aprl for my husband and 15 year old daughter and myself not sure about room standard or residence suite is there much difference .

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: barut lara

Hi Wallbash

When are you going to the Susesi?

Sharon x

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,026 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: barut lara

Hi missiontraveller,

We stayed in a standard room at the Barut Lara on our first visit and these rooms are lovely to. Just request a room NOT over looking the Kervansary Hotel next door. You will then have late afternoon sun on your balcony and a better view if you ask for a room on a higher floor overlooking the open land at the side of the hotel.

I would only pay for the Suite in the winter season myself because we do use the extras at that time of year, and it is a nice treat to have the extras!!

Herts
Level Contributor
480 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: barut lara

Hello Snowski05

All hols are in high season , wife is a School teacher , have little sympathy for those complaining about prices going up in school holiday times. They will only put up with it for 10/15 years , I hae the problem for nearer 40 .

Off to Susesi early as possible , we have to be back for the 26 th July

( silver wedding anniversary)

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: barut lara

Hi Wallbash

We aren't going to the Susesi until the end of August so won't be seeing you unfortunately.

Yes I can sympathise totally regarding the school holiday thing. As I have children ranging from 1 to 15 years that makes a total of around 27 years for us of not being able to go during school holidays with all of the kids...only around 16 more years to go and then we can take advantage of the cheaper prices :-)

Sharon x

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: barut lara

Thanks guys.

Toady - When does the winter season end and all the facilitiesmade available. We're going 1st week of may.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,026 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: barut lara

Hi missiontraveller,

At the Barut lara they do not have such a clear cut All Inclusive package and it remains mostly the same all year round. It is just the outdoor activities and Restaurants that are weather dependant! In April they start to open more things daily and last year before we came home mid April two of the outdoor Al a Cartes had opened. I expect this year when we go they will have opened more things up and hopefully the pool bar will open in the evening.We come home on the 29th of April so I will be able to advise you of what has actually opened up!

I will be doing a "live Report" from the hotel so keep an eye out for that!

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: barut lara

Cheers Toady. We haven't done too many AI's in the past and are slightly concerned about the variety in dining options.

How's the food standard generally in the hotel? And the weather in April/ May?

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: barut lara

Ha Toady I had better behave myself at the BL then, just in case I end up featuring in your live report...haha

Sharon x

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: barut lara

Hi Missiontraveller

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about with the Barut Lara as that is one of the best AI choices you can make. We haven't been yet but will be joining Toady there at the end of April.

I'm sure Toady will be along later to answer your questions, however in the meantime have you seen the Barut Lara's website? The virtual tour is amazing and it has a wealth of information on the website.

www.baruthotels.com.tr/lararesort.asp?lang=EN

It is a very popular hotel with lots of repeat visitors from people who want very high standards and high quality etc.

Sharon x

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,026 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: barut lara

Hi missiontraveller,

The Barut Lara is excellent and having been 4 times already we have found it to be one of the best AI hotels.We have been going to Turkey nearly 13 years and only go AI. Sometimes 3 times a year.We have been to other Countries in between but found the best value to be Turkey.

Food is of a good standard and we met a family and the Husband was Turkish and he was very impressed with the food and in particular the Turkish options.

The hotel has no restrictions so if there is availablity you can dine in the Al a Carte whenever you like. Most hotels have restrictions. Drinks choices are superb here and service is very good.

Weather will be great by May, even in early April we come home with a tan! The evenings might still be cool or you may be lucky and it is fine with just short sleeves at night.Just be prepared for it to be chilly some evenings!

This is why the Restaurants are weather dependant in the evening but you can be sure as soon as the weather is good they will open up! They offer the ladies a shrug/ shawl if it turns chilly while dining.

During the day there are several options for dining, if you want food on the go there is a great take a way bar, there is the main buffet Restaurant, and the Al a carte snack bar at the beach so you never need go hungry!! The Patisserie is wonderful and open most of the day for wonderful cakes,Gateaux, cookies etc and wonderful ice creams.You have ice cream available for several hours in other areas to .