We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dilemma - booking holidays

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Dilemma - booking holidays

Ive found a really good deal to back to baia lara 23rd april next year :) hubby wants to book but i want to wait for the new prices as i fancy going away end of may.

Is there much differance in the weather end of april and end of may?

im worried if this price goes up and ive missed out.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dilemma - booking holidays

I would imagine the main thing would be that the pools will be warmer, but the Baia has a heated outdoor pool doesn't it? Also the evenings will be warmer and things will have moved outside by the end of May. Days will be warmer too.

If you went away at the end of May would it still be to the Baia or would you be looking at other hotels? You will know more than I do about the Baia, but some hotels don't start their summer concept until 1st May and I have found prices for 1st May onwards to be a bit more than prices for end April. Not sure when the Baia starts its summer concept though or whether it is the same all year round?

Can't you sell something on eBay and do both ;-)

I'm sure the more knowledgeable friendly folks will be along later to help you more than I can.

Sharon x

Edited: 03 March 2011, 10:02
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dilemma - booking holidays

I am wanting to go to the royal holiday palace really and im wanting to go in a warmer monthe but the deal for the baia is a good one and we really liked the hotel, trouble is the out door pools will still be cold and i said i wanted to go back in summer months to use the other outdoor pools.

I think ive answered my own question really lol im going to wait and moan when i cannot find the deal :)

Unless my hubby treats me to a holiday for our 10th wedding anniversary in sept the i could go baia end of april then RHP sept :)

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dilemma - booking holidays

I want to go to all the lovely 5* AI hotels in Turkey and it really is so hard to decide between them.

Tell your hubby you are worth it and that you should push the boat out and go for both x

Good luck, let us know what you decide to do.

Sharon x

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
4,119 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dilemma - booking holidays

Dingle - I think May will be more expensive but evenings should be warm enough to spend outdoors. When we were at the Limak last Easter, evenings were definitely spent indoors unless you put a coat on and wanted a cigarette outside! Easter is later this year, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed it will warm up a little.

I'd go in May if the kids had 2 weeks off, but sadly they only get 2 weeks at Easter, which is why we always go then.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
844 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dilemma - booking holidays

Hi Dingle

Think we have had a few conversations before you said we would enjoy the concorde and we did and we are off to the baia in june cant wait. I told you aswell im sure that I work for Ilkeston co-op travel and let me tell you end of may is kids half term so you will be paying way over the odds.

Hope that helps lol.

Claire x

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dilemma - booking holidays

Thanks im working on hubby to book 2 hols so fingers crossed im booking for the Baia end of april the RHP end of sept, i didnt really want to go apirl as i wanted to use all outdoor pools and sunbathe.

Aidloz really hope you like the baia we did just email the hotel before and ask for rooms away from the waste land because thats the side the dog never shuts up. Only problem is you will get the side looking at the lara beach hotel.

When do you go?

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,176 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dilemma - booking holidays

Hi Liana,

If you go on the 23rd April I am sure you will get good weather!

You will be sunbathing this April if the last few years are anything to go by.

That would be a nice combination of hotels! I am really looking forward to seeing the Holiday Palace.

I have been looking for next April at the Baia from the 14th April for 2 weeks and also the Lykia World Antalya. I was going to hold out for the Sherwood Dreams or the Gural Premier but prices seem quite high now .

Was you deal with TC ? Thomson was quite alot more for my date.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dilemma - booking holidays

Its TC a week 20kg in flight meals good times for 2 adults £804. I think if its still about on monday i will book to fly the day after it goes up £200. You know what im like in the winter i will be wanting a holiday :)

Nottingham
Level Contributor
844 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dilemma - booking holidays

Hi dingle

We go the 21st june we had a junior suite in the concorde but only a room in the baia with 2 double beds but im not to bothered as we are out all day. My hubby said we need to have a change for turkey next year but he wants 24 hrs all inclusive so it will be turkey again because not many places do 24 hrs all inc. Im liking the look of the lykia world in belek but I remember you saying about the one in side how does that compare to the concorde and baia ?

10. Re: Dilemma - booking holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 14:18