We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid's clubs - Royal Wings or Topkapi palace

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Kid's clubs - Royal Wings or Topkapi palace

I am just wondering if any-one has used the kids clubs and can tell me what they are like.

My children will be 7 and 9. We have travelled to Lara beach last year as a couple but this year would look to go back with the kids (stayed concorde last year).

We are used to Lykia World kids clubs which run 10am to 9pm, and they take the kids swimming, face painting, craft activities, football, archery, live kids show on a Friday evening, watersports, judo, boat trip, and loads more activities. The kids love it an it is the highlight of their holiday.

They even go for meals with the kids clubs most days which allows us to spend some time together.

Can anyone tll me if this is what the kids clubs in Lara beach are like? and if so where do you recommend booking?

Thanks.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
844 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid's clubs - Royal Wings or Topkapi palace

Hi

We went to the chain of hotel the same as the topkapi palace and the kids club was hotel run and for a few hours a day. The one we stopped in was the wow bodrum so I bet the wow topkapi is the same. We also went to the Concorde last year enjoyed that. Have you been to the Belek Lykia World or the one in Olu Deniz ? Our children are 6 and 4 and we are thinking of the Lykia Belek next year.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid's clubs - Royal Wings or Topkapi palace

We have been to the one in Olu Deniz 4 times now. We absolutely love it there.

We liked concorde as a couple but no way is there enough for the kids there.

I think once you have been to Lykia World it makes it hard to go elsewhere as no-where seens to match up to the kids facilities. However that said, LW is only full board plus and not as "plush" as the Lara Beach hotels, and if we found one that catered for the kids we would be happy to go.

Added in is the fact Royal Wings is £400 cheaper than LW Oludeniz, and Topkapi £500 cheaper without the ice creams, juice, etc to pay for on top of that!

I read a review on another site for Royal Wngs and the kids club seems to be quite good, but the kids are allowed to wander in and out to suit themselves.

I also wonder because it is April we are looking to go, what facilities are not available?

Nottingham
Level Contributor
844 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kid's clubs - Royal Wings or Topkapi palace

Yes possibly sometimes the summer season starts on the 01 May. That is what has put me off the Lykia World at Olu Deniz as we like the 24 hour all inclusive. I am a bit weary of the Lykia World at Belek as the reviews havent been that great but it is on my list for next year I guess you have to try yourself. Royal wings does look very good.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kid's clubs - Royal Wings or Topkapi palace

When we were in Lara Beach we spoke with the rep who covered LW antalya. She was telling us its not as good, or as well organised as the Olu Deniz one and certainly from the reviews I have read it is not the same.

However, I am sure it will still be very good.

As you say you have to try it to see. I am so torn, stick with what we know or try somewhere new. Somewhere new is tempting me, but I do not want the kids to be dissapointed.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kid's clubs - Royal Wings or Topkapi palace

We have booked Royal Wings :)

Kids got to choose where we booked.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
844 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kid's clubs - Royal Wings or Topkapi palace

I am sure thats a good choice blame the kids if not.

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kid's clubs - Royal Wings or Topkapi palace

Bit too late but my 6 year old girl loved the kids club @ WOW Topkapi.

There was a 2 hour morning club for certain ages and a drop in club for all ages in the afternoon.

The kids club took them on the banana boat ride and horse riding and also canoeing.

Mala, Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kid's clubs - Royal Wings or Topkapi palace

Is there really a Kid's Club?

http://topkapi-palace.org/

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kid's clubs - Royal Wings or Topkapi palace

Just got back from RW and kids club was on for around 2 hours in a morning and 2 in afternoon.

Allsorts of activities going off with them and they all seemed to be having lots of fun :-)

Jo

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kid's clubs - Royal Wings or Topkapi palace

HI

Thanks to every-one for their replies, In case anyone else is searching for the same answers, we went to Royal Wings and the kids went to the kids club sone days.

It was on 10 am to 12.30pm and 2pm to 5.30pm. There is a play area outside and this is where the kids club meet. They do a variety of activities with the kids, but I have to be honest a lot of the time they simply run about and amuse themselves in the play area. Damla the kids club manager is very good with the kids and I always felt safer leaving the kids there when she was on duty. Also she organised activities for them, such as killer darts, banana boating, etc.

The level of supervision is very poor in that the kids are allowed to come and go as they please, they go up to the bar and get themselves drinks without supervision, and there are times the kids leave without the leaders even noticing.

The day they went banana boating there was 1 leader there with the group and she went out on the boat, leaving the other children on the beach completely unsupervised. In theory you could drop your child off at 10am and collect them after the banana boating at 12.30pm but I would recommend you do not do this. There is no signing in or out, and they do not take any emergency contact details.

This was okay for our kids as they were clearly told DO NOT leave the kids club until we collect you, and at 7 and 9 they are slightly older, but I would have serious concerns about leaving them if they were younger. A lot of the adults lie on the sunloungers on the other side of the kids club to keep an eye on the kids and this is quite a good idea.

The kids club was nowhere near the standard of Lykia world, but then we did not think it would be. On saying that though the water park and funfair are only open while kids club is on in the afternoons so we tended to spend a lot of time there together which was lovely.

All in all, we would go back to Royal wings, but just wanted to warn anyone else who was seeking the information, there is a kids club there but suss it out as to whether or not you want to leave your kids there.