We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for Hotels!!!

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for Hotels!!!

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of difficultly picking where to go to in Turkey and I felt this was the right place to seek advice!

The past few years we have gone west to Mexico or the Caribbean, however this year we want something slightly different. My partner and I are want to go to along the Mediterranean coastline but are having trouble narrowing it down between Bodrum, Marmaris, Dalman coast, Antalya etc.

We're a couple in our 20's. He doesn’t want to be in a town or city and I would like to be near some historical sites (etc) to visit. We both want an all-inclusive hotel (the one thing we agree on!!).

Night clubs etc aren’t an issue as we are both old before our age, on holidays we like to play cards, maybe watch the entertainment show, before going to bed around 11.00, wild stuff I know!!

So what I'm asking is, which area would ye think would be best??

And then connected to that, can ye recommend any hotels that would be good? We've both foodies so food is a big thing for the hotel, so much so that if a hotel only has 1 or 2 restaurants that would put us off it straight away. Also I like hotels/resorts that have lots of things to do (e.g. lots of pools, restaurants, bars activities, Night time shows) and that are modern enough in decor (not too fussy on that sense, just not a throw back to Fawlty Towers!)

Bellshill, United...
Level Contributor
789 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for Hotels!!!

Royal Wings or the brand new Royal Holiday Palace, they are both in Lara Beach, Antlaya.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
847 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for Hotels!!!

Lara beach aswell we stopped in the concorde hotel last year there was the main buffet and a turkish, seafood, steakhouse, bbq, asian and italian al carte and they were all included in the cost of the holiday.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for Hotels!!!

Lara beach, antalya! Amazing place 2 holiday. Me and my partner r also in r 20's and also a bit older than are years to be honest. We went to hotel titanic last year for 10days and loved every minute of it. We are goin back to Lara beach next month to stay at the royal holiday palace.

The hotels in this area are beautiful and have everything you want/need. My only issue with Lara beach is that it's not near anything as in there's not much goin on outside the hotel. But then again that's what a boat trip is for, which u can get from the pier of ur hotel.

Bellshill, United...
Level Contributor
789 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for Hotels!!!

We must be all boring old buggers to quick on this forum!

Me and my fiance and both in early 20's, well I am she is closer to the 30's :-D but we enjoy just relaxing in nice hotels drinking beer and cocktails in the sun all day.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for Hotels!!!

Lol, your right Gary I think we are. I just like to think of it as we enjoy the finer things in life :-)

Bellshill, United...
Level Contributor
789 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for Hotels!!!

Haha yep, I think you are right!

cornwall
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for Hotels!!!

Kemer.

I am thinking of going to Kemer later this year have been told the Amara Wing resort hotel is very good, but have just read some posts saying not to go to Kemer as it is full of rude drunk Russians. Dont know what to do now, any advice ! We usually go to Olu Deniz which is great but fancied a change this year.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendations for Hotels!!!

eileen 28

Kemer, Beldibi, Tekirova, Lara Beach, Belek, Side etc etc, all get a large proportion of Russian Tourists, this is their stomping ground and has been for quite a while, and whilst some of them can be extremely rude and very very OTT, I am sure the same can be said of people anywhere in the world, there are always the idiots regardless of where they come from.

We have visited Turkey for many years, flown into Antalya and stayed in all of the above resorts for holidays, and we have always enjoyed ourselves very much.

We have always stayed AI or UAI, stayed at some of the best hotels and a couple of hotels that have been a bit under par, but, Russians, Germans, Italians, French or Brits have never once made us wish we had tried somewhere else.

We do prefer the Bodrum Peninsula to Antalya for our holidays these days, but, I can assure you that wherever you end up in Turkey, there will always be people who are "Gits", let them get on with it, and you enjoy what you have paid for.

Party on, and I hope you try flying into Antalya, some wonderful resorts to experience.

DLV

cornwall
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendations for Hotels!!!

Thanks for your reply, we have visited Antalya while staying in Side, but have never been to Kemer. We love Turkey and the Turkish people and have always enjoyed our stays. Have not been to Bodrum area, do you think this is better than Antalya area ?

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommendations for Hotels!!!

Bodrum and the Peninsula is better for us............We have always stayed AI, and flying into Antalya has offered us some superb hotels, but, some of the resorts are so samey, and once you have seen the beach area, or been to the town, then you are stuck....................I know some people just want to stay in the hotel confines, which is fine for them, and is what they prefer, but, we do like to get out and about, see other little villages and sample the "Real Turkey" on the outside, and we always have a couple of meals away from the hotel, just to put something back into the area, and of course meet the locals.

Of course we get asked..."Why do you go AI then"...well, we like the pampering, the luxury of having a la cartes, room service etc, a drink at 4 in the morning should we want one, but, if we were to stay on the inside, then really we could be holidaying anywhere, so Bodrum affords us the luxury of some amazing AI hotels, plus the chance to visit the little villages on the ever running Dolmus service, it means we can eat breakfast, go to the main gate and jump on the early bus, and go to another locale' for the morning, see the kite flyers, the fishermen landing their catch, see the early morning market before the crowds arrive, drink tea with the locals at the little roadside cafes, and still be back in good time for a G&T, shower, and another lovely evening watching another beautiful sunset.

This is how my holiday is made, others will disagree, and spend their time playing pool games and doing what they enjoy, it is all a personal choice, but I love Turkey wherever I am visiting, it is just that the Peninsula holds my heart.

DLV

Edited: 17 April 2011, 18:10