We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lara Beach Titanic Someone Please HELP!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lara Beach Titanic Someone Please HELP!

Hi

I have booked to go to the Titanic Hotel in Lara Beach on 6th September with my boyfriend.

I have been reading reviews etc andd have got a few questions if anyone could help.....

1. What currency is used is it euros or lira or both??!!

2. I have read that a market is brought into the hotel consisting of camels fireworks etc is this true and if it is what type of things does it sell?

3. And finallyyy how far in a taxi is it to antalya and approx how much to get there....and what currency do the taxi drivers and people in antalya accept....

If anyone could answer any or all of these questions would be a great help!!

Thankk Youu!!

Steph

xx

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lara Beach Titanic Someone Please HELP!

Hello, firstly you've booked a great hotel, I loved it there.

Things are priced in Euros (mini market, spa ect) but if u go out into antalya you might want to take Lira. Me and my boyfriend took half our money in Euro and the other half in Lira. Which is what we have done again this year as we are returning to this area.

The market that comes to the hotel sells souvenirs. Things you find in normal markets and I'm sure they are priced in Euros. I don't really like camels and my partner shown the smallest bit of interest and next thing I no u was bein pushed on the darn thing followed by my partner behind me n was charged €20 for the privilege lol. But it was ok.

I can't advise you on the taxi airport situation as we booked a return mini coach. Sorry.

Hope this helps

Cambridge UK
Level Contributor
593 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lara Beach Titanic Someone Please HELP!

We went to the Titanic 2 years ago and are going back to Lara Beach this year to the Baia Lara.

I think we only bothered with Euro's having been caught out a bit with Turkish Lira the year before in Belvil. A mixture would be the best solution but if you only want to take one go with Euro's.

Yes beware at the Titanic as there are lots of outside stalls for an all inclusive hotel. There was even an icecream stall there which you had to pay for though ice-creams were available in the buffet at lunch and dinner and at 4pm near the pool bar. The market I think is only on a couple of times a week along with the camels so it's not every night. Take something white to wear for the white party.

We have young children so didn't travel into Antalya itself as didn't want them pested. Your rep should be able to advise you but I'd be wary of going on an orgaised shopping trip into Antalya as I've read reports of being taken to gold and carpet places and being pressured to buy before making into the town itself.

N.B. there are a few shops just outside the Titanic front entrance (past a hire car place) which I would check out before buying anything in the hotel shop.

Have fun.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lara Beach Titanic Someone Please HELP!

Ah thank you so much for your help! I will take half and half i think! Cannot wait it has got so many good reviews! It says that there are firework displays was there any when you were there? And did you have any of the spa treatments whilst you stayed? X x

Cambridge UK
Level Contributor
593 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lara Beach Titanic Someone Please HELP!

Yes we had firework displays but I think they were only after the big party nights such as the White party and the Airport party (you get a ticket in your room and pretend you are boarding an aircarft etc). They were pretty good.

I think all the hotels had fireworks at sme point.

Didn't have any spa treatments myself but did hear comments that they were quite good especially the turkish bath. Though be warned the indoor pool was freezing when we were there. The outside spa pool however was really quiet compared ot the other pools.

it's a great hotel and you'll be sure to enjoy it. In fact we had booked to go back last year but our flights to Antalya were cancelled and we had to swith to Bodrum.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lara Beach Titanic Someone Please HELP!

We didn't have to pay for ice cream, it was included.

I think we had about 3 or 4 firework displays in are 10days there. Pier party fireworks scared me though! Ha ha. I was standing right next 2 one unaware until the man lit it!

Me and my partner had a full body massage, facial, Turkish bath and went in the sauna. All of which was amazing! We both loved it and felt so relaxed. Just make sure you haggle the price down.

:-)

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
728 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lara Beach Titanic Someone Please HELP!

We have been to Turkey twice now & we have always taken euros & sterling with us , we found that in Turkey they love english money especially at the airport with the visa charges .

Regards Dave & Michele

www.flickr.com/groups/dave__michele_holidays/

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lara Beach Titanic Someone Please HELP!

thanks to everyone who has posted its all been really helpful!!

my travel agent is still insisting that it is lira and not to take euros because i will get better exchange rate on the lira!

im so confused by it all! haha!

the market that comes to the hotel is it just like the one that is in antalya as im only there for a week and if it is i dont think i would bother going to antalya so any help on that would be great!

and is lara beach any good of the leather bags and all of the replica designer clothes shoes accersories etc??

thanks steph x x

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
455 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lara Beach Titanic Someone Please HELP!

We took mostly Sterling with just a little TL and got a good exchange even in our Hotel compared to back home £1 = 2.35 TL when we were out there

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lara Beach Titanic Someone Please HELP!

Oh thank you that is really helpful so would u recommend taking some lira with us but mostly sterling and exchange it over there? X

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
455 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lara Beach Titanic Someone Please HELP!

Its upto you but it worked ok for us, even paid for our trips with Sterling

Get answers to your questions about Antalya
Recent Conversations