We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidaytaxis.com - my experience!

Manchester.
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Holidaytaxis.com - my experience!

I have used http://www.holidaytaxis.com/ on many occasions and also recommended them to other TA members so I feel I should share my last experience on 23/05/2011 -

When we arrived at Antalya airport at 4.15 in the afternoon (very hot) we were left waiting for our taxi (private not shared shuttle) for nearly an hour and a half!! we were not the only one's an elderly couple had already been waiting for an hour before we arrived, another couple arrived a few minutes before us, we all kept being told that the taxi's were on the way by the Holidaytaxi representative (at desk 19) I also rang the emergency number three times and got told on each occasion that the driver would be with us in 15 minutes. we received no apology, just kept being told "what can I do lady, it is drivers fault not mine" !!!! all 3 taxis more or less came together - terrible service!!

The taxi arrived on time to take us back to the airport, but it did play on my mind all week weather it would turn up!

Maybe this is a one off, but I just want to make people aware.

I will not be using this company again!

Diane

Edited: 04 June 2011, 17:47
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,451 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holidaytaxis.com - my experience!

Not satisfactory at all! How stressful for you.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holidaytaxis.com - my experience!

Oh my Goodness, we have booked them for when we go on the 14th and now I am really panicking and want to see if I cancel my booking, but then who I use instead?

My kids (aged 2 and 3) will not wait for anything and my partner (who is highly strung when arriving and departing as he is terrified of flying) hates poor service and will seriously go mad if that happens to us.

Very very worried now!!

Who can I use?

Sharon

england
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holidaytaxis.com - my experience!

I used Taxitransfers.com recently and the service was perfect both ways. It is an Antalya based company and they speak good english. Added bonus is you pay the driver, not in advance, so if anything were to go wrong, but I'm sure it wouldn't, then you could always get a yellow cab at the airport/hotel.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holidaytaxis.com - my experience!

Thanks, that is handy to know MrTrotter.

I have just cancelled our booking with Holiday Taxis and have just booked with SunTransfers.com and saved ourselves a fair amount of money too!

Sun Transfers have been highly recommended and I am now placing my trust in them..so watch this space :-)

Thanks so much for all your help Diane. Chances are you were just very unfortunate, but I'm not taking the risk now as I would be worrying about it. I just hope that Sun Transfers don't let us down. I have researched them and they appear to be excellent!

Thanks

Sharon

Manchester.
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holidaytaxis.com - my experience!

Hi Sharon,

I'm sure it was just a one off, like I said I have used Holidaytaxis many times before without a problem, but I would never risk using them again.

Please let us no how you get on with Suntransfers I'm sure everything will be fine, just relax now and look forward to your holiday.

Diane x

cornwall
Level Contributor
341 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holidaytaxis.com - my experience!

What a contradiction!

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holidaytaxis.com - my experience!

Who is your comment directed at Turkeylover? I'm not sure what value it is adding to this thread?

Everyone has different experiences and opinions. I thought that was what forums were for ie. to share these with the public which enables people to make a personal choice based on information received.

Sharon

Edited: 12 June 2011, 10:38
cornwall
Level Contributor
341 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holidaytaxis.com - my experience!

Your comments state that you have used them several times before without problem stating quote "im sure it was just a one off" and then go on to say that you would never use them again. That is my point!

London
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Holidaytaxis.com - my experience!

It wasn't Snowski05 that said that.

Moscow, Russia
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Holidaytaxis.com - my experience!

Last year I used Hassle-Free-Transfer (hasslefreetransfer@hotmail.com). Christina Price is running the business - she meets every customer and goes up to a hotel you need (to check if everything OK with your hotel). Her local driver doesn't speak english but this is not the case - she speak turkish. The service was just perfect and I'm going to book them again this september.