We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Cappadocia to Lycian Coast?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Cappadocia to Lycian Coast?

Hello,

Are there any flights from Cappadocia to the Lycian Coast? I will be spending about 7-8 days on the coast so moving around

Any direct flights? I will be traveling the last week of May 2012.

I read that by bus it's about 5.5 - 6 hours, which seems quite long. But not sure flying through Istanbul is a whole lot better.

Any thoughts?

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Cappadocia to Lycian Coast?

You can fly to Antalya and start your Lycian trip from there towards Fethiye. To Fethiye there are only night busses , so far no flights to Dalaman.

Cheers!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Cappadocia to Lycian Coast?

Thanks for the quick reply! I did look with sunexpress but did not find any flights from Cappadocia (the town started with a Key-something). Maybe it's from another town or with another airline?

And are there flights from Fathiye back to Istanbul or do I need to backtrack all the way to Antalya (don't know it's far but I assume not close)

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Cappadocia to Lycian Coast?

You can check Kayseri and Nevsehir for your flights.

And about 6o kilometers from Fethiye is Dalaman airport, there are several flight per day to İsatnbul from there. And there are connecting Havas transfer coaches leavlng from Fethiye bus station to the airport. The drive is less than one hour.

Cheers!

4. Re: How to get from Cappadocia to Lycian Coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2011, 12:05
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from Cappadocia to Lycian Coast?

Both SunExpress and Pegasus have direct flights from Kayseri to Antalya, but I think for May of next year the schedule won't be published yet.

The overnight bus from Nevsehir to Antalya takes 9-10 hours.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get from Cappadocia to Lycian Coast?

David's answer is correct..also please read the right had side of the page under

" TOP QUESTİONS ABOUT ANTALYA"

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297962-i772-k3501…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297962-i772-k4349…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297962-i772-k1412…

For more info

ANTALYA
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get from Cappadocia to Lycian Coast?

I live in Antalya and I travel along the coast every year.Antalya to Fethiye takes 5 hours by car and I did it yesterday.I have travelled all the way from Antalya to Fethiye by car.I have seen several ancient Lycian sites with a small group such as PHASELIS,OLYMPOS,LMYRA,MYRA,

XHANTHOS,PATARA.You should either fly to ANTALYA AIRPORT or DALAMAN AIRPORT.Then drive along the coast between Fethiye and Antalya.I can even reccommend the best places to stay and restaurants to eat If you want to have a great travel experience.There is no flight to Dalaman Airport from Cappadocia region so best option for you would be finding a flight or bus to Antalya.Then explore the LYCIAN COAST.I also know real local tour guides who knows the Lycian region,ancient sites and taking people on tours along the coast.If you ask me or if you need a tour guide, I would advice you the best official licensed local tour guides.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get from Cappadocia to Lycian Coast?

thanks for all the answers and links. Extremely useful!

I read that the Pegasus Keysari ro Antalya flight started on June 1st in 2010. Does anyone know when it started this year? I have a flight on May 27th 2012. I know the schedule is not out yet but if two years in a row this flight started on June 1st I better start looking for alternative options.

9. Re: How to get from Cappadocia to Lycian Coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 23:15