We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a good price?

uk
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Is this a good price?

We are a group of 12, 9 adults and 3 children visiting Antalya in the 1st wk of April. We have been quoted the following price for

1. Perge, Aspendos,Waterfall and side( 1 day)

2.Pammukkale and Hierapolis tour (1 day)

Included- A/c vehicle, Tour guide, Main entry fees, Lunch, Pick up and drop off from the royal wings

Total 1320 Euros

Should I accept the offer or will I get a better price once we are in Antalya?

Thanks for your help/advice in advance

Edited: 16 March 2012, 22:57
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
39,826 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this a good price?

sathy, welcome to Antalya. Try to get a quote for a comparable tour from Insight Travel headquartered in Antalya: Have a look: "http://www.tour-turkey.com/antalya.htm". Get in touch with Rina Svensson from Insight Travel. She has had lots of recommendations at these forums: "http://www.tour-turkey.com/about-us.htm".

good luck,

enigma...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,613 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this a good price?

Personally I think it's on the expensive side.

Does the figure include all meals & entrance fees? If it does its plausible. If not 1320 euros = 3125 lira that's decent money

1st week of april is still the low season, you will have heaps of bargaining power and be able to screw the service providers down more than usual.

Id aim for 1000-1100 euros or less. Arrange the tour once you are in Antalya. Don't let them dictate the terms and show them whos the boss.

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,746 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this a good price?

That price seems excessive - you can get these standard tours from Side now and probably from Antalya also =

(22) Wed and Sat only - 2 days half board to Pamukkale Tour - salt lake and lime terraces where you can step up and down the side of the mountain in small pools of water - gold factory and carpet factory included - 35 GBP

(23) Mon and Fri only - 1-day Pamukkale Tour - Taurus Mountaıns - carpet factory - lıme terraces - Hierapolis ancient city - wine centre - including dinner - 30 GBP

- and similar costs for the Side trip with the Manavgat waterfall for the day - so definitely book when you get to Turkey and not beforehand.

Mentioned in this post
Manavgat
Manavgat
Antalya Province, Turkey
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,613 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this a good price?

I did a full day Gallipoli tour which included:

Being driven around 150kms

Lunch

Ferry crossing both ways

0830-1830

50 lira

I did a full day green tour in Cappadocia which included:

Being driven around 250kms

Lunch

Entrance fees

0830-1900

70 lira

On average if it was 70 lira per person X 12 = 840 X 2 days = 1680 lira

Mentioned in this post
amsterdam
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this a good price?

This is far too much!!!!!!!!!

Don't do that!! Come to Antalya and get offers from several agencies.

I,m in Antalya at the moment, should I ask for you??

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this a good price?

that is too expensive..and since you are a large group you can make this much cheaper..wait until you arrive to antalya and then go into the Kaleiçi and speak with te many travel agents there and negociate a price..

just to let you know the actual entrance cost to perge and aspendos is 15 liras each person..

so 12 X 30 liras = 360 liras ( entrance costs for perge and aspendos conbined )

and the entrance cost to the waterfalls is cheap..like 2 or 3 liras per person..maximum 5 liras depending upon which waterfall you visit..even the lower Duden falls are free execpt for the parking across the street . I think I paid 5 liras for that.the other falls

Upper duden and Kursunlu were free parking..

7. Re: Is this a good price?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 07:16