We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antalya Sand Sculpture Festival (SANDLAND) 2012

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,847 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Antalya Sand Sculpture Festival (SANDLAND) 2012

Activities, which is one of the world's 6th largest sand sculpture Sand Sculpture Festival in Antalya Exhibition, opens its doors to visitors on May 1, 2012.

10 thousand tons of sand sculptors in over 10 countries in the sand 30 sand sculptures exhibition of his life as the theme for this year were two of Hollywood. Hollywood 's enactments of the unforgettable characters in film exhibition until October 29, 2012 can be visited between 10:00 and 23:00 hours every day. Exhibition entrance fees are as follows;

Normal 8TL

Discounted (Teacher, Retired) 6TL ( probaby turkish citizens only ) and I am sure you must show a card.

Student-Child 4TL

http://www.larasandland.com/ing/index.html

http://www.larasandland.com/ing/event.html

Festival tickets can be obtained at the entrance.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antalya Sand Sculpture Festival (SANDLAND) 2012

This looks great, something to go see while we're over in October

London, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antalya Sand Sculpture Festival (SANDLAND) 2012

does anyone know how to get to it from side? are there any tourist buses that take people?

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antalya Sand Sculpture Festival (SANDLAND) 2012

Hello AdrianR84 - I have been from Side to the Sand Festival every year - there are no direct buses there - you would have to take one to Antalya and from there a Lara Beach bus - but what I have been doing is getting about 12 people together and hiring a small minibus for the day - I also include stopping at Mardan Palace to have a look as that is one of the most expensive hotels in the world and is absolutely amazing - also stop at Mini City which is a model of all the famous sights in Turkey - all within about 20 mins of the Sand Festival.

London, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antalya Sand Sculpture Festival (SANDLAND) 2012

How long would it take to get there by bus then, there's only two of us going to side but thought it would be a good thing to see but a minibus for two would be way expensive

Tirana, Albania
Level Contributor
175 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Antalya Sand Sculpture Festival (SANDLAND) 2012

And where to get the minibus, do you have a person in mind and a number? How much does a minibus cost for such a trip in total?

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Antalya Sand Sculpture Festival (SANDLAND) 2012

Local Side tour guide Abdullah 0090-538-921-3468 can arrange the mini bus for 12 people for just 120 Euros for the day - air conditioned bus with driver - so only 10 Euros per person - so gather your friends and acquaintances - or perhaps post on Side Forum page the date you had in mind to get the 12 people together?

adrianR84 - if you take the bus to Antalya from Side that takes one hour, then from Side Otogar to Lara Beach is another half hour.

Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Antalya Sand Sculpture Festival (SANDLAND) 2012

My girlfriend and I went to check this out today, and we were left seriously unimpressed. We started our day lazing at the Lara public beach area enjoying the afternoon sun, and then we took our time to walk to the Sand Land grounds. We were expecting to be able to walk the entire 4km along the beach, but were interrupted halfway, and had to walk roadside the rest. That was a bit of a downer in itself. By the time we got there, the sun was starting to set, and we could tell there was close to no one there. We were expecting a rather extravagent exhibition, which was not the case when we got there. This 'festival' is over-hyped and not worth the entrance fee. The sculptures weren't bad persay, but they didn't have nearly the amount of a wow-factor we were expecting. The area was fenced in, some scupltures were falling apart (which was to be expected given how long they've been up), and they tried to pump extra money from us with an impromptu photo which was printed on a cheap decorative dish. I suppose if you brought kids with you then they might enjoy seeing this stuff. But, our opinion is to spend your liras/euros elsewhere than this sorry excuse of a festival.

Antalya, Turkey
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Antalya Sand Sculpture Festival (SANDLAND) 2012

Number of KL08 and LF10 goes to festival area from city center...Also daily city tour busses goes in front of the festival area...Festival site gives more detail for transport oportunuties. www.sandfest.org

Antalya, Turkey
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Antalya Sand Sculpture Festival (SANDLAND) 2012

Festival public relation phone number for to get large information is 0090.533 499 22 70 and e-mail is info@larasandland.com(they answer quickly)

Antalya, Turkey
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Antalya Sand Sculpture Festival (SANDLAND) 2012

Fantastic, artistic, wonderfull....everybody must visit...