We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which resort to go to near antalya?

Aarhus, Denmark
3 posts
Save Topic
which resort to go to near antalya?

Hi everyone!

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip around/in Antalya this summer (august/september) and have no idea which beach resort would be better for a young couple.

We love having restaurants and cafes around but also enjoy some quiet on the beach and mid-range prices. Could you recommend one or two beach resorts near Antalya? We're not such big fans of 5 star all inclusive resorts - neither would we like to stay in a too quiet place. We'd also like to be close to the city so that we can visit whenever we want. I know it might sound like a lot to ask, but it's worth a shot, maybe we get lucky and someone can recommend something :)

Is Kemer good?

We've never been to Turkey so any help would be fantastic for us!

Thanks!

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Kemer
Kemer
Antalya Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
London, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which resort to go to near antalya?

I always stay in side, which is one hours drive east from the airport. You can search side turkey on here and have a look at the hotels and forums.

It's a nice quiet resort compared to the bigger places like Antalya and mamaris but still has lots of bars and restaurants at good prices.

There are a few 5 * hotels but you can get nice smaller places such as Akasya hotel (where I stay hehe), conny's hotel and beach house hotel. All are smaller but have great reviews

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which resort to go to near antalya?

my friend about me i went to kemer 12 times before 9 in kemer its soo nice place,u know u feel your self like you are in pardaice realy because behind you toroos mountain with green cover and infrontof u the sea soo nice

and there alot of shops u can enjoy

best hotel theire :

rixos sungate

orange county

amara docli vita

amara wings

fantasia hotel

gural tikorova

and rixsos ticrova

if u need any help

u can send me msg to my facebook

bahaa ghanaiem

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which resort to go to near antalya?

You sound similar to us on your holiday wish list :-D

It is also our first time in Turkey and after a lot of looking around I booked 2 weeks B&B in Antalya Old Town (we're staying at Hotel Aspen). As I haven't been yet, I can't tell you it fulfilled all my dreams but it looks fabulous and from what I have read it's fairly central and there is a lot to see and do!!

I hope you have a fabulous holiday wherever you decide to book xx

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which resort to go to near antalya?

If you want to see a place were time has stood still in Turkey and experience what Turkey used to be like about 15 to 20 yrs ago before the influx of all-inclusive and package holidays of the last decade, then Cirali is the place for this..

Cirali is a great little village, nice clean beach and a mix of sand and pebbles, ruins of Olympos and the flames of "Chimaera" the world''s oldest and best-known natural "eternal flame".

No mass tourism or 5 star hotels. Just nice family own hotels and pansiyons. Small shops, quiet bars, restaurants, and no discos. It is more of a place for nature lovers and chilling out. It can be too quiet for some if you are looking for more in the way of and actiive nightlife..but for some this is exactly how they want their holidays.

my photos ;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets

Cirali is centrally located between Antalya and Kas and you can travel farily easily to visit nearby historical areas.

In Cirali there are ..boat trips, snorkelling, long walks, hiking , trekking, seakayaking, diving, day trips to nearby Kemer or Kumluca to visit local markets, biking, and of course relaxation...not to mention the historical ruins to explore..plenty to keep ones self busy for a week or two.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Cirali
Cirali
Antalya Province, Turkey
Olympos
Olympos
Antalya Province, Turkey
Chimaera
Chimaera
914 Reviews
Cirali, Turkey
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Kemer
Kemer
Antalya Province, Turkey
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which resort to go to near antalya?

Ps..you could also look at Side or Kemer..but they are much more touristy built up resorts...but they would have more bars and nightlife.

also the Kaleiçi ( old city center ) of Antalya is nice for a few days..but since there is no real beach nearby..might get a bit boring after a few days..

the only beach nearby..and you have to go their by bus is Konyaalti beach on the west or Lara Beach on the east side of Antalya.

the very small Mermerli beach located in the city center ( and I mean small ) is located just off the antalya marina..and its not very clean..I would not swim there...as the boats are coming in and out..I hope you can get my drift..lots of oilly water ect..

the locals of Antalya escape to Cirali over the weekends to enjoy the beach there.

Mentioned in this post
Side
Side
Manavgat, Turkey
Kemer
Kemer
Antalya Province, Turkey
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Konyaalti Beach
Konyaalti Beach
798 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Lara Beach
Lara Beach
464 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Mermerli Beach
Mermerli Beach
209 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Cirali
Cirali
Antalya Province, Turkey
Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
505 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which resort to go to near antalya?

coming summer we're going to the same old town kaleiçi-antalya small hotel 'karyatit" for the 5th time.

very very quiet but the city hustle and bustle literaly just around the corner: shops, restaurants,bars, tramway, busstop...

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which resort to go to near antalya?

Side sounds ideal for you.It has one of the best beaches in the country and is built around some impressive ruins.It is only 50 minutes into Antalya city centre if you want to visit Kaleiçi district and the sites of Aspendos and Perge are not far away either.There are plenty of nice small hotels there too,not just huge 5* complexes.

Kemer like Belek are really just man made resorts with nothing much at all outside the A.I. complex gates.

Be aware that August and September will be mega hot so take plenty of high factor suncream with you :)

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Kemer
Kemer
Antalya Province, Turkey
Belek
Belek
Serik District, Turkey
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which resort to go to near antalya?

actually Kemer has lots of shops, markets, restaurants, bars & nightclubs..and 2 really good private hospitals...but that is not my idea of a holiday in Turkey..plus most of the hotels have now taken over parts of the beach so if your not stay at a big 5 star hotel getting along the beach can be a problem..

Kemer about 15 yrs ago was nice..but after the big hotels moved in not much more than package tours..not unlile nurmerous places in Turkey

here is a great map..and you can have a look around the town

wikimapia.org/…kemer

plus you ca use this map for any areas mentioned above using the search box..just type in the keywords and presto..you have resort at your fingertips

Mentioned in this post
Kemer
Kemer
Antalya Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
9. Re: which resort to go to near antalya?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:17