We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barut Lara - toiletries

Wales
Level Contributor
388 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Barut Lara - toiletries

Hi, does anyone know if the Barut Lara still provides you with toiletries in the bathroom and if so, what are they? Also, are they good at keeping you supplied with new ones when you run out?

Thank you.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,253 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barut Lara - toiletries

Hi Hannah

Yes you get a good supply of toiletries that are replaced and if not you maid will happily give you more of what you need.

Soap is not the best and only tiny so we take our own ! You get small shampoo and conditioner but again I take my preferred brand but my son uses them sometimes. Cotton wool pads and ear buds, a comb, nail files, and body scrub thingie ! and shower caps.

You can get cartons of milk for the room for your drinks at the lobby bar!

Wales
Level Contributor
388 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barut Lara - toiletries

Thanks Toady, thats great!

Oxon
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barut Lara - toiletries

We had shampoo, bubble bath and moisturiser (not conditioner) - both years we went, although we stopped in the hotel and I think Toady stayed in the Residence, so maybe different. We had the cotton wool etc etc as well. I did think it strange that there was no shower gel! The products were replaced as you used them.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,253 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barut Lara - toiletries

Hi Peggedy

Yes forgot about moisturiser and bubble bath and got me thinking now but thought we had conditioner. We had that many on the shelf and they have rebranded all the products and loggo this year and they all look the same !

edinburgh
Level Contributor
238 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barut Lara - toiletries

Not forgetting the lovely exfoliating pad !!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,253 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barut Lara - toiletries

ha !! that was the body scrub thingie i mentioned !! You know when you cannot put a name to it !! lol

I had taken my spare RHP one with me just incase they did not have them this time but although not in the room on arrival I got a BL one next day!

We are going again bumboarder in November !! Visit number 7

Edited: 08 May 2012, 22:11
Oxon
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barut Lara - toiletries

Scrubby thingie (aka exfoliating pad)!

Seen it - thought - yeah right.....tried it ......loved it!.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
238 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barut Lara - toiletries

Toady,

we are only on visit 6 this time or possibly 5, lost count now !!!

But in 7 weeks today we will be by the pool :)

And the Scrubby thingie is an ideal (if painful ) way to test if you have overdone things in the sun, ouch lol

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barut Lara - toiletries

"Scrubby thingies" can be bought in the shop opposite the newspaper shop on the lower ground floor. Very cheap too. Thought the rose-based products were good value for pressies.

10. Re: Barut Lara - toiletries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 23:40