We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

barut lara or baia lara?

midlands
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
barut lara or baia lara?

hi

after reading and re-reading reviews, we have decided we want to go to one of these hotels next august with our 13 year old son. the problem is: which one is best? is the barut too far away from anything, is the baia too close and squashed next to its neighbours? what are the sunbed races like for each? which pools and slides are best?

any further insights to either would be really helpful

thank you

lisa

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: barut lara or baia lara?

I've stopped at both and really enjoyed both. Maybe go for the Barut a lot bigger grounds so not as crowded in Aug. Food at the Baia is better and the al a cartes however nothing at all wrong with the Barut food.

There is nothing really to do in Lara we tend to stay in the hotels Barut is the first one and it took us about 25 min to walk to the royal holiday palace, you do have some shops down at the bottom and they all sell the same stuff.

We stopped in a junior suite and if we went back we would want to stop in them again.

Pools are better at the Barut too your not squashed in at the Baia . Depending on what price you get I would say go for the Barut .

midlands
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: barut lara or baia lara?

Thanks for the reply. I have been leaning towards the barut and husband the baia so the barut it will be!!! Can't think of anything else at the mo to ask but may be back in touch soon if that's ok?

Thanks again

Lisa

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,578 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: barut lara or baia lara?

Lisa

The Barut Lara has a great spot in Lara and well back from the busy road through the resort.

The Al a cartes are free at the Barut and the drink choice so much better than at the Baia We had a tour of Baia In february and saw drinks with prices at the side that are inclusive at the Barut Lara.Bottled beers like Becks and Miller are included to.

The teen club at the Barut is a great way for your 13 year old to hang out and make new friends.

The food choice in summer will be much more extensive than it was when Dingle went in early April and really at the hotels you cannot compare food from one year to the next because Chefs change and Menus etc. We came back at Easter and found the food better than the previous Easter for example.We are going again in November for our 7th visit. Service is excellent and staff lovely.

We thought the Baia was looking tired in the lobby area in particular but it is closing in November for a re-vamp ! Rooms were lovely though except for a curtain pulled across in an alcove instead of a proper wardrobe which seemed strange.

midlands
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: barut lara or baia lara?

hi toady

sounds great. never knew there was a teen club so that 's a bonus.

do you know if the 3rd bed in a room is a real one or a sofa/camp bed?

wish i was going now and not having to wait til next year!

thanks

lisa

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,578 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: barut lara or baia lara?

Hi Lisa,

It is a Sofa bed but my strapping 19 year old slept on one at Easter even though we could have requested a bed. We had a Junior suite though so he was in the lounge area.

You would be better with a 1 bedroomed residence room. It used to be child prices until 16 in those rooms to!

Altan the teen animator just hangs out with them and they decide what to do. We have been going with our son since he was 12 and it is his favourite hotel of the many we have been to. We even cancelled our origional holiday and re-booked this Easter because he wanted one last holiday with us there!!! There are many repeat guests so he knew loads of people when we got there.

The standard rooms are spacious but worth checking the 1 bed Residence out. My dad had one when we took him and the child/ teen sleeps in the lounge area so more private.They will put a proper single bed in if you prefer.

Edited: 04 June 2012, 09:19
South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
699 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: barut lara or baia lara?

I agree with Toady, we also have been going to the Barut since our son was 12 and he loves it every time we go, even though over the years we have seen less and less of him as he is always far too occupied with the other teens/friends to be 'hanging around' with mum and dad!!!

We also have booked our 7th visit for next Easter and our 18 yr old son will be with us once again. One of the many things that draws us to this hotel is the relaxing surroundings, the grass/garden area between the beach and hotel is huge and open and you never feel hemmed in (as in some of the other hotels on the Lara strip).

Any questions, please ask as I am sure between Toady and myself we should be able to answer them :)))

Dublin, Ireland
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: barut lara or baia lara?

equal...

lancs
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: barut lara or baia lara?

We are going to the Baia in July. Wishing we had booked the Barut now!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
858 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: barut lara or baia lara?

Nothing at all wrong with the Baia unless you are seriously fussy !!!!

lancs
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: barut lara or baia lara?

Haha. At last someone sticking uo for the Baia! Must admit all the latest reviews are very good.

Get answers to your questions about Antalya