We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

for 7 days do I really need to rent a car or not?

johannesburg
Level Contributor
370 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
for 7 days do I really need to rent a car or not?

I will be staying in konyaalti beach. I would like to visit the area around where I am staying, also the cable car up mt tahtali, perhaps visit a town or 2 within an hours drive of antalya. Would all this be possible with public transport or do I have to rent a car

1. Re: for 7 days do I really need to rent a car or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 July 2012, 19:05
Edited: 28 July 2012, 19:05
Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,263 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: for 7 days do I really need to rent a car or not?

You will be right next to the tramway and the bus routes, so no need to rent a car at all - lots to do in and around Antalya. Look at top right of this page for ideas... Top Questions About Antalya ...

Edited: 28 July 2012, 20:34
johannesburg
Level Contributor
370 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: for 7 days do I really need to rent a car or not?

Thank u for your honest answer. I doubted the first reply. Hiring a car for a week with petrol is gonna cost me about $600. I rather use public transport. But will it take me to the cable car ?

cheshire
Level Contributor
426 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: for 7 days do I really need to rent a car or not?

Hi ,

I am staying in Beldibi and was told to look at cable car site.

On there they mention transfers. so i am assuming that you contact the cable car people and they will pick you up from hotel ????

I will email / ring them nearer the time to ask them unless someone on here knows the answer

ian

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: for 7 days do I really need to rent a car or not?

"We offer a daily shuttle service from Beldibi, Goynuk, Kemer, Kiriş, Çamyuva and Tekirova. On Wednesdays and Saturdays a shuttle is also offered from Kundu and Antalya. Please contact our sales offices for your reservations. For visitors who arrive by public transport, there is a hourly shuttle service from the highway junction to the base station from 10.00 to 17.00." - olymposteleferik.com/en/…

There are buses at least every 30mins from Antalya going past the junction, grab one of them and take the shuttle from the junction.

cheshire
Level Contributor
426 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: for 7 days do I really need to rent a car or not?

Hi, David,

What is the junction called and can i get to it from paloma renaissance hotel

ian

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: for 7 days do I really need to rent a car or not?

It looks like your hotel is in Beldibi? You should be able to get the shuttle from there. Your hotel should be able to advise you on where to catch it.

Otherwise get a local bus heading south and ask for the Tahtalı Teleferiği Yolu which is about 3 miles south of Kemer.

Edited: 01 August 2012, 12:06
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: for 7 days do I really need to rent a car or not?

You can get the Kumluca mini bus from both Konyaalti and Beldibi (on the main road) to very close to the cable car. Alternatively sound out the local tour shops and see what sort of a price they offer including your transfer. The Kumluca mini bus is a great way to travel along the coast taking in such places as Goynuk Canyon, Beldibi, Kemer, Cirali, Olimpos to name but a few.

İ live just 500m or so from Konyaalti beach and cope perfectly well without a car. Loads of buses to different areas. The Tramway is at the museum (city centre) end of Konyaalti beach. Depends which hotel you are staying ın!

johannesburg
Level Contributor
370 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: for 7 days do I really need to rent a car or not?

Corner park hotel. Thanks

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: for 7 days do I really need to rent a car or not?

Ahhh so not far from the Migros 5M shopping Mall but not so close to the tram station. Loads of buses come through Migros to and from the city centre plus further afield. Nope you really don't need a car!!! İf you wanted to go to Side then it may be worth renting a car for a day but there are excursions.

Depends where you want to go and what you want to see. Also how many are you travelling with as sometimes it can be cheaper to split a car rental cost than all pay an excursion price.