We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from first time to Turkey!!

lancs
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from first time to Turkey!!

Hi. Well we are back from our first visit to Turkey. Stayed at the Baia Lara and had a fantastic time. Even our teenage son enjoyed it! The 5 star hotels here really are 5 star. Hotel was spotless, food and drinks amazing and entertainment great. If you have teenagers they will not be bored here! However we were delayed coming home and had to stay overnight at the Kervansarey Lara- what a totally different experience!!!! I would say carefully resaech your hotel before you go! Overall though a great holiday and we are already looking at terurning next year!

lancs
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from first time to Turkey!!

PS will post a review soon!

Kent
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from first time to Turkey!!

Glad you had a good time westieman and that your teenager enjoyed it lol,i guess he was able to keep in touch with friends back home :)

We stayed at the barut lara last year and the kervansary next door did not look very appealing lol.

I reccommended the baia lara to a friend of mine, and she was blown away by the hotel, facilities and service there.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from first time to Turkey!!

To be honest after all the worrying we did about the internet he hardly used it! He was quite happy to swim in the pool as it was a gorgous temperature, join in some of the animation games-fabulous entertainment team by the way- and quite happy to watch the shows at night. When we were there there was mainly a mix of Brits, Dutch and German people-all very polite.However at the other hotel it was predominantly Russian and Serbian guests-least said the better! Does anyone know if the Baia in July normally has the guest contingent that we experienced?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
151 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from first time to Turkey!!

Can I ask what was the worrying over Internet?.. Looking at baia nxt year?.. Thanks x

lancs
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from first time to Turkey!!

Just worried it wouldnt work incase our son got bored and wanted to use it. Some people said it didnt work on floor 5- however we were on floor 5 and didnt have a problem. At first we couldnt connect to it but reception sent up a technician and he sorted it. The Baia is fantastic not too small and yet not one of those awful sprawling resorts. We are fairly well travelled-went to the Maldives last year- yet in a different way this holiday rates as one of our best.

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from first time to Turkey!!

Sorry to hear of your delay westieman - I guess you were caught up in the Thomsons delay to Manchester???

The Baia does look lovely - we walked around the grounds when staying at the Royal Wings.

Glad you had a good holiday and welcome home.

We are off to the Voyage Belek tomorrow x

lancs
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from first time to Turkey!!

Ps debella- any questions feel free to ask me on here or pm me. What we really liked of an evening was the fact that after the main evening entertainment had finished you could then head down to the sea lounge bar by the sea and listen to live music until 11-30pm.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from first time to Turkey!!

Have a great holiday. Have you been to Voyage Belek before? Some of our fellow Manchester delayed passengers stayed there and they said it was lovely.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
151 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from first time to Turkey!!

Thank you that's kind!

We have stayed at the royal wings and barut and loved it.

That's good about Internet I was worrying you were going to say no wifi or costly wifi, that would be a no go for my daughter who has to check her Facebook daily lol!!.

The only other thing was I was concerned over cover charges on the al a cartes as we tend to use these more than the buffet I will have to weigh up the difference in costs!

I also find it strange about no shallow ends in pools but that's only a small minor.

Do they premium branded drinks?..

Glad you enjoyed your holiday and thank you on allowing me to ask questions!

Regards x

lancs
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from first time to Turkey!!

The wifi and internet use in the room is free, also a very good fast connection. The cover charge for the a la cartes is 10 euros per person. To be honest the buffet restaurant was that good we didnt bother and that isnt like us. I am a non swimmer and yet I still got in the pools at the Baia-at 5 foot 6 my head could stay above the water! Lovely pool temperature even first thing in the morning-also lots of room to swim in- no sardines here! The pool that we used to use was nearly always nearly completely empty! Cant cooment on premium drinks as didnt look. The drinks we had though were of a good quality-even the wine was good and the cocktails strong! Regards Debbie

Get answers to your questions about Antalya