We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey Tips

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
Level Contributor
300 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Turkey Tips

Hi all, we are a family of 4 with 2 kids age 9 & 7. We are looking to go to Turkey around end of May (school holidays) for 2 weeks and have bookmarked the Paloma Renaissance in Antalya as a good hotel.

Is this a good hotel for kids as I know it has water slides and also what can we expect weather wise around this time of year please?

I have been looking and looking and it's gets to you a bit looking at hotels as we have never been to Turkey before I want to make the right choice. We are used to Greece and other parts of Europe but my in-laws who are in their late 70's love Turkey so we thought we would try it.

Any other tips or hotel suggestions will be very much appreciated with thanks.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkey Tips

Hi

I have just looked at where you have previously stayed and the Louis Phaethon beach was where we stayed at for Christmas and New year about 14 years ago! I was looking and oh how it has changed !

We have also stayed the the Paloma Renaissance in Beldibi which we really liked ! I think the hotel does not have the most exciting slides but they are well manned with a life guard. The hotel has 2 jetties and your kids might enjoy seeing all the fish there and use them for jumping in the sea.

Beldibi is a quiet tranquil area but you can hop on a Dolmus,a local mini bus to Kemer nearby for shopping. It is no more isolated than the Phaethon really but there are a few bars etc nearby.

There are other hotels in Lara beach which is a short transfer from the Airport that you may like but some may be higher in price than the Renaissance ! The Delphin hotels and the Royal Wings are very popular because of the Aqua park and funfair at RW and Delphins have funfairs and slides to,

The Royal Dragon in Colakli near Side is also a popular choice because of the great funfair there and slides.

Weather in theory should be very good but you may see abit of rain as May has been abit unsettled the last couple of years.You will also get some beautiful hot days !

Turkey is a superb place to take your children and the All Inclusive packages are far better than alot of Countires and most are 24 hour All Inclusive and most with international drinks and some like the Delphins have some bottled beer like Becks !

Edited: 19 September 2012, 10:31
Bristol
Level Contributor
300 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkey Tips

Hi Toady, thank you very much for your reply, it is very helpful. The Phaethon was lovely but we are looking to try something different and Turkey seems to tick all the boxes at the moment.

I am happy to pay for something as long as you get your moneys worth so will look at the other hotels you mention.

We use holidays to chill and play so not leaving the complexes doesn't bother us and being in isolation, but we do like to have a look around during one or two evenings. Buses were easy in Cyprus so I'm sure the same will be here.

The main thing I have been tasked with from the wife is plenty for the kids to do and the food ratings must be good (she's a fussy eater). She did enjoy the food at the Phaethon though.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

3. Re: Turkey Tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 10:15