We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lara Bay

Level Contributor
3 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Lara Bay

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie here, so please bare with me :)

We are going to turkey with the parents and hubby for the first time!!! Eek!!

We are staying for a week in April at IC Green Palace....and just wondered if there's any cafes, bars (as in quiet, chilled ones) or shops close by at all? We are not afraid of using our legs and enjoy a good daily walk

Any hints, suggestions and tips would be gratefully received!

Thank you

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lara Bay

Hi Nicholson1

Too lazy to walk myself so can't say how far it is or how long it would take. However, if you turn left at the hotel gates and walk in this direction, you will find a huge shopping mall opposite and across the road from the Royal Wings Hotel. I'm sure they will have some form of cafes or bars in there, didn't notice much else but one large hotel after another on this road.

You can also take a dolmus (public minibus) from across the road from your hotel and go either into Antalya town or into Lara town.

Lara town which is only about 20 minutes away, has a nice large market on Saturdays, not just for tourists but for the locals too. Great place to buy Turkish Delights and nuts, buy only the loose ones, much better and fresher than the ready boxed stuff!!!

Ask at reception or before you get on the dolmus, if they are heading where you wish to go. Public transport (dolmush's) are very easy to use, regular, cheap and are a good way of getting around.

Took two separate dolmus's to get to the ''upper Duden Falls''. Which is a nature park and the start of the falls with caves and pools. An amazing and beautiful place to spend the afternoon! The trips they do on a boat is to the ''Lower Falls'', which are the ending, into the Ocean. A friend who has done both has said the Upper Falls were so much nicer.

I have stayed at this hotel myself and would like to say that, they have their own 'Cafe', which is also part of the AI, in a wonderful garden area, away from other parts and open all day. They serve really GOOD coffees and beverages, also sandwiches and lots of lovely cakes and numerous other things. The gardens and the grounds are really nice and large, so you will probably do quite a bit of walking anyway.

Nil

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,889 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lara Bay

great post Nil..very comprehensive..however just to add a couple of things..firstly the area that these big hotels are located in is either the "Kundu disrict" or "Lara Beach" discrict.

there is no Lara town..you are in the city of Antalya. there is a Lara district where there is shopping malls ( Terra city, She Mall, and the Laura Mall AVM ) and the Saturday market is near to the Laura AVM Mall

have a read on the right hand side of the page under " Top questions about ANTALYA"

Excursions and day trips

Currency, money questions and ATM'S

WEATHER - Some helpful hints and links

Six things you must do in... Antalya, Turkey

Shopping in Antalya

Entrance fees to the historical sites

Visa fees and regulations 2011

Havas Bus from Antalya airport to Kaleici (Old Town)

Antalya Aquarium

Getting to the Otogar from Kaleici (Old Town)

2012 - Entrance fees to the historical sites

'TerraCity' - largest shopping center of Antalya

Markets around Lara Beach area

scotland
Level Contributor
4,097 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lara Bay

A trip to Antalya is a must. The old harbour is so pretty..Most hotels have a bus that makes the the trip.

We did the Thomas Cook trip to the falls, and Perge and Aspendos..Really interesting day out..would do it again

Edited: 31 October 2012, 07:30
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lara Bay

Canmom - Do appreciate the correction!

Thanks, also for the info. Must say hadn't noticed lara town on google maps and wondered whether it was been newly formed, as the hotel, dolmus and taxi drivers were all refering to it as such. When I had enquired about Antalya market, was told by reception that there was one in lara town which was larger and closer and given directions to the 'Saturday Market'?

Will most definitely have to do more research before another visit!

Level Contributor
3 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lara Bay

Thank you to all who replied :) very useful indeed and comprehensive to say the least ( in a positive way) thoroughly looking forward to the new adventure and will be putting up our review as soon as our feet touches English soil.

Once again, thank you to everyone for their help

6. Re: Lara Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2013, 10:17