We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some logistical questions

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
547 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Some logistical questions

I plan on travelling from Denizli to Antalya by bus this May, and plan to stay there for 3 days/nights. We would like to explore the city, maybe do a boat tour for a few hours, etc. We would also like to do some hiking on the Lycian way and see Chimaera. We will not have a car.

It looks as though the bus station is far from the city centre where we would be staying. 1. How long and what is the best way to get to and from the bus station?

2+. Can we get to Cirali and Chimaera reasonably (timewise) on public transport? Are there tours available and would this be better (and with which companies)? If we go in the evening on our own can we safely get back to Antalya at night or should we stay somewhere else for a night? Do we catch buses at the main bus station?

Thanks for the help. I will likely have more questions. I am trying to decide if this stop is worthwhile without a car or just two inconvenient in terms of getting around.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some logistical questions

Hi again Marc,

have a read here;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g311312-i9908-k367…

For Bus Service to Cirali - From Antalya you can take "Antalya tur", "Cicek tour" or " Kumluca Seyhat" FROM THE Antalya BUS STATION ( otogar )

Cost is about 10 TL ( turkish liras ) per person and run from 6am until 730-8pm about every 1/2 hour. Make sure you tell the driver to drop you off at the Cirali ( CHIR-ALI ) junction and NOT the Olympos junction !

Once you are at the Cirali junction there should be no problem to get the mini-bus service to the village center bout 7 kms. Cost of mini-bus is around 5-6 TL per person. You may have to wait a little bit for more passengers to arrive to take this mini-bus ( dolmus ). They will not go into the village unless there are at least 4 or more passengers..

One note regarding the mini-buses into Cirali; if you are travelling alone or as 2 persons..once you are at the Cirali junction you can catch the mini-bus into the village ( 7kms ) but if there are no other passengers at that time one must wait until more arrive as they will not go down into the village with only 1 or 2 persons...for 5 liras each...they charge a private rate of 25 liras..for 1 person or 2 or 3 sharing this cost..

so if you can wait and more passengers arrive the cost is about 5 liras if not then unfortunately this is the cost ( 25 liras )

also at night you will not find mini-buses from cirali back to the main road to get back to Antalya.

If I were you I would go directly from the antalya bus station to Cirali and spend your 3 days there instead of spending time in the city of antalya.

I would also like to say that just one night only in Cirali is hard pressed and very rushed to try and see all the sights...you are better with a minimum of 2 nights or 3...you will need time to visit the ruins of Olympos along the beach and as well possibly time to visit the Chimaera in the evening...to do all of this within one nights stay is very rushed and tiring. You would benefit by staying a bit longer in Cirali if your plans allow.

and if you do decide to rent a car yo can stop off along the way visiting more out of the way places..like kekova or Arykanda perhaps..or alos visit Demre and Myra which are located between Kas and Cirali...also if you have a cr you can also visit Phaselis about 20 minutes from cirali.

Driving to Cirali - You will drive south out of Antalya following the signs for the Kemer and Kumluca road. It will ta ke about 1 1/2 hours to Cirali from Antalya. Once past Kemer it will be about 30kms more. Stay on the main highway and once you pass Ulupinar, Cirali will be the next turn off on the left hand side of the road. There are large highway signs posted - Cirali - Yanartas, Olympos beach. From this junction off the main highway you will travel down on the village road. There are at first alot of curves and then it will flatten out towards the bottom.

to answer your second question;

<<<It looks as though the bus station is far from the city centre where we would be staying. 1. How long and what is the best way to get to and from the bus station?<<

there is a metro at the bus station where you can take this directly into the city center and get off at the Ismet paşa station and walk into the Kaleiçi.

where are you thinking of staying ? there are also buses into antalya from the bus station.

have a read here,

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297962-i772-k4323…

on another note the best parts of the lycian way will be in cirali and not in the city of antalya.

also have a read in the Cirali forums

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g311312-i9908-Ci…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
547 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some logistical questions

Thank you again, canmon. I appreciate the info. However, as strongly as you think I should spend as much of my vacation as possible in Cirali, I do not plan on doing so. I want to see Antalya. I don't plan on seeing the ruins of Olympus. I would like to visit Cirali and Chimaera for a day.

1. Are there recommended tour companies that will do this?

2. How late do the mini-buses in Cirali run back to Antayla?

3. Lonely planet says the buses from Antayla down toward Antayla can be caught by the Sheraton Voyagar Hotel. Is this incorrect?

Thanks, everyone.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some logistical questions

to help you answer your questions;

<<<2. How late do the mini-buses in Cirali run back to Antayla?<<< depending upon the time of the year the last bus out of Cirali might be around 6-7pm..or you can also take a taxi back up to the main road ( around 25-30 liras ) also it is best to see the flames of the chimaera at night or at dusk..which means you would miss the last bus out of cirali.

I suggested that you spend more time in cirali as you wanted to walk around the lycian way. and each walk would incorporate either a full day or half day ( minimum walk 3 hrs - to max 8 hrs )

<<<3. Lonely planet says the buses from Antayla down toward Antayla can be caught by the Sheraton Voyagar Hotel. Is this incorrect?<<<

yes that is totally incorrect info and very old..you can find the mini-buses ( dolmus ) accross the street from the Hillside Su hotel. ( between migros shopping center and the new Aquarium )

how old is your lonely planet guide book ?

<<<1. Are there recommended tour companies that will do this?<<<

I am sure that there are plenty of tour companies offering trips..just check out the many once you are in the old city ( Kaleiçi )

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
547 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some logistical questions

LP book is the current addition, but there is a new one coming in a couple months.

So I can catch the bus to Cirali at the Hillside Su and get dropped back here as well, avoiding the long trips to the main bus station, right?

Karachi, Pakistan
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Some logistical questions

Hi!

We are six friends planning a trip to Antalya for 2-3 days. We want to try and visit most of famous tourist attractions such as the aspendos theater, Apollo temple, Kaleici town, some caves & waterfalls. We would also be interested in taking a boat tour in side.

Since all these destinations are quite far from each other and we are pressed on time, we are wondering:

1) Where to stay keeping in mind we would like to see all of the above.

2) The best / economical mode of transport that will take us to and back to each destination, especially the Aspendos Theater.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some logistical questions

hi marc,

<<<So I can catch the bus to Cirali at the Hillside Su and get dropped back here as well, avoiding the long trips to the main bus station, right?<<<

here is a map;

wikimapia.org/…b

look for Antalya - Kemer - Kumluca Otobüs Durağı (Antalya) or Kemer direction bus stop (Antalya)

the bus stop is located across the street from the hillside su hotel ( Aqualand ) next to the new Aquarium. ( located betweem the migros shopping center and aquarium )

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Some logistical questions

hi Fatima66,

You are better to either rent a car / minivan to see these sites or organize a small private tour to visit the sites.

Karachi, Pakistan
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Some logistical questions

Can you please provide some trusted tour organizer contacts please?

Karachi, Pakistan
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Some logistical questions

Hello, I am visiting Antalya sometime mid this year with family. We want to take a road trip from Antalya to Istanbul. In case I want to cut the road trip short, and start from Eskisehir to Istanbul, please advise how I get from Antalya to Eskisehir. I have done a lot of research on Turkey trains, but have not found any train that would take us from Antalya to Eskisehir or any other midpoint.

Karachi, Pakistan
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Some logistical questions

Hello, I am visiting Antalya sometime mid this year with family. We want to take a road trip from Antalya to Istanbul. In case I want to cut the road trip short, and start from Eskisehir to Istanbul, please advise how I get from Antalya to Eskisehir. I have done a lot of research on Turkey trains, but have not found any train that would take us from Antalya to Eskisehir or any other midpoint.

Get answers to your questions about Antalya