We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antalya to Izmir to Istanbul logistics

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Antalya to Izmir to Istanbul logistics

Hello -

I live in Malatya Turkey and for the semester break want to go to Antalya and Izmir/Efes before I go to Istanbul.

Is this realistic?

Ride bus from Malatya to Antalya (18 hour ride)

Stay to see friends in Antalya (stay 2 nights)

Go to Izmir by bus to see Efes (stay 1 night) - how long a bus ride to Izmir from Antala?

Fly from Izmir to Istanbul (no touring in Istanbul, going there to catch flight to US)

thanks.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antalya to Izmir to Istanbul logistics

Yes,it is realistic if you don't mind that long bus ride :) I just checked flights into Antalya but most go via Istanbul and are not cheap,so this looks your only option.

From Antalya to Izmir is 7 hours.Metro Turizm and a couple of other companies cover the route.

When you fly up to Istanbul try to go with Onurair or Atlasjet as they provide a free shuttle from Selçuk to the airport-one less minor hassle to worry about.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,297 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antalya to Izmir to Istanbul logistics

Five5Oceans, I would like to suggest some better alternatives than those horrendously long bus rides. Simply fly by Sun Express Airlines from Malatya to Izmir first, "http://www.sunexpress.com/en", and afterwards fly from Izmir to Antalya, again by Sun Express. They have fantastic promotional prices right now. And finally from Antalya fly back to Istanbul. Sun Express does not have flights from Malatya to Antalya but when it is flying, it really does not matter. You will save a lot of time and energy this way you can better spend at your destinations. For Antalaya-Istanbul flights and fares, you can use "www.aerobilet.com".

You should really spend at least two days at Selcuk and rent a car there to see all the attractions besides Ephesus. Village of Sirince is a must see. Have a look at my very recent trip report to Selcuk/Ephesus and beyond, based upon actual travel experience: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k5874…".

good luck,

enigma...

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antalya to Izmir to Istanbul logistics

Thank you for the suggestions and different ways to approach this trip.

Safe travels!

4. Re: Antalya to Izmir to Istanbul logistics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 06:18