We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live at royal holiday palace

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Live at royal holiday palace

Lovely weather. . Summer concept started today. Pool slides are open 10 - 12 and 2.30 - 5.30. All outdoor lunch venues open today and fairground rides also starting this afternoon. :)

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,434 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live at royal holiday palace

Hope you have a fab time I recommend the freppi drinks loved them when we visited last year.

southport
Level Contributor
181 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live at royal holiday palace

hi kruzgal

hope you have a great holiday, we were looking at that one, as we have been to the Royal Wings and love the Royal Wings. colin

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,253 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live at royal holiday palace

Kruzgal

Hope your having a lovely time at the RHP.

Colin, it is a great hotel !

derbyshire
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Live at royal holiday palace

How exciting! Look forward to reading your live reports from the Royal Holiday Palace. We are due to fly out on Saturday so we will be checking for your updates. Is it warm enough to swim in the outdoor pools? I believe some of the rooms are over two floors, we are hoping to be allocated one of these! Are you happy with your choice of hotel?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live at royal holiday palace

We have also stayed at the royal wings, hence we chose this hotel. It is a stunning hotel and we are enjoying our stay. We are on the 2nd floor and it can be noisy at night so I would request a room on a higher floor/ quiet room when checking in. The outdoor pools are cold but once you are in it's ok. We enjoyed a lovely meal at the Italian restaurant last night. We brought tennis racquets and have been playing every day - you reserve the court at guest relations. Am happy to answer questions for those coming out soon.

scotland
Level Contributor
4,095 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live at royal holiday palace

Nice to read this thread..Looking forward to your updates

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live at royal holiday palace

Although we are not going to RHP this year it is one on our list so will be interesting to read your views, there are so many excellent hotels in this area it is good to get a live review at different dates to understand what is offered at different times of year and at different hotels.

Have a nice holiday

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live at royal holiday palace

Yes, there are a lot of good hotels and it is difficult to choose but we are happy with

our choice. We have only ever visited at Easter so appreciate it won't be fully operational. That being said it was clear that 1st April was the start of the summer season and things did change overnight. Not all the water slides are open but most are. There were a few fun fair rides open today, again not all but enough considering it is early in the season. All the food venues under the amphitheatre were open from today which is great. Also started food at the restaurant near the beach today, although obviously the pier isn't built yet. They have certainly stuck by their published start date which is the main thing to know, hence my original post.

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live at royal holiday palace

That is what is so good with these hotels and i believe although we all have personal preferences as long as it ticks all the boxes for you or me etc thats all that counts,my brother has been to the royal wings and loved it.looking forward to your posts.

have a nice evening.

Edited: 01 April 2013, 17:57
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,253 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live at royal holiday palace

Hi Kruzgal

Are they still using wristbands this year? They brought them in after our visit and wondered if they stuck with them.

I would love a repeat visit as we loved our week there.