We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

live from the Delphin Imperial.

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
live from the Delphin Imperial.

Hi everyone.

I have had my say on the positives and negatives about this hotel, so now I want to concentrate on my holiday, please enjoy the thread.

Brian.

scotland
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: live from the Delphin Imperial.

Thanks toady,

We have 4 bottles of factor 50 packed, but will try and stay out of midday sun especially with my youngest.

Just getting cases closed up :)

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,098 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: live from the Delphin Imperial.

Yes we saw a few children with burnt backs , I think when they are in and out of the water it catches people out.

Have a lovely time and sure the funfair will be a huge hit with your kids.

The kids club area is in the shade.

Excited I bet !!

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: live from the Delphin Imperial.

I don,t subscribe to the 'it,s too expensive to import theory' when it is ludicrous ously cheap in duty free at Antalya Airport

Patthedrum

hotels cannot import duty free at duty free prices.

If they could do that wouldn't all pubs and hotels in the UK do the same and be selling it a £1 a pop?

:-)

scotland
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: live from the Delphin Imperial.

Yes we are all excited now.

I work in a burns unit so it would not be good if I came home with burnt children.....I will be careful. You are right it's the forgetting to put cream on after being in & out water.

Brilin, good to know there are a few food options available before the main buffet at 7.

Portishead
Level Contributor
144 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: live from the Delphin Imperial.

Getting excited now :). Glad you are having a good time ! Just a quick question I thought it was only the Fish and the Turkish that allowed children Under 15 in the a la carte restaurants however I have just read a review by a French person saying that children are also allowed in the Italian ? She did say trying to book the a la cartes which allowed children was a bit tricky but I found at the diva last year that guest relations alway tried to help ! If you get a second I was just wondering if you could clarify ? Many thanks Kelly

Godalming, United...
Level Contributor
713 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: live from the Delphin Imperial.

Dear Family Parry,

Hotels buy in bulk ( especially in a multi hotel chain like the Delphin) and at trade prices and in a ( supposedly ) top quality chain like the Delphins,all drinks should be International brands!

All of the Belek hotels e.g. Cornelia,Susesi,Voyage Belek that are the same price as the DI have such facilities,why doesn't,t the Delphin Imperial?

I take your point and stand corrected re the duty free aspect,but I was just trying to make a point!

Glad you liked the DI,we,re booked to go there in July/August,although I am having second thoughts!

Regards

Pat

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: live from the Delphin Imperial.

I am sorry family parry. This hotel is growing on us every day we are here but I have to agree with Pat we are paying a premium to stay here international drinks should be readily available. They have have a very limited amount here and only at the lobby bar, other hotels that charge a lot less than the Delphin chain can.

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: live from the Delphin Imperial.

Just been out for our first walk round and nothing much changed still a load of expensive rubbish,

Been a lovely hot day again.the weather for the next week looks very hot a .sunny,

Kelly.

When we were in the Da Vinci there was a couple of families in with young children so it is possible they have relaxed it a bit.

Trying to book the Ala Carte is tricky at the best of times even for just two people.

Manchester.
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: live from the Delphin Imperial.

Hi Brian,

Good to hear the hotel is growing on you!

How do you book the a la cartes? can it be done from your room by phone?

Glad your having good weather and its looking good for next week my nephew and his GF are going to the Delphin palace on Saturday!

Do you know if you can get from the palace to the imperial pier by the beach?

Enjoy your evening and thanks for keeping us all updated.

Diane

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: live from the Delphin Imperial.

Hi Diane.

There are 2 machines by the buffet restaurant where you book from 9 o'clock every Morning but you have to start queuing early to get one you can also book from your room on ext. 3333 ,not tried that yet it is very busy now and the buffet restaurant is like a mad house.

Yes you can access the piers on both hotels from the beach.

It is growing on us and the staff once you get to know them are very nice, the fresh orange is the best we have ever had.

Off for our evening meal now and see what show they have on tonight. Oh and the cocktails are really nice which is good because they only have branded drinks at the lobby bar,which is a bit naff

Edited: 16 May 2013, 16:39