We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fire??? Baia Lara..any info

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Fire??? Baia Lara..any info

Dear TC please confirm that you are flying your clients home after the Baia Lara Hotel Fire, (a) immediately tomorrow (b) at your cost. Also please confirm they will be offered a replacement equivalent holiday next year. For those potential clients and current clients how will you ensure fire safety across the relevant operation/hotels.

THIS was on Thos Cook facebook page this morning..Hope nobody hurt?

Larkhall, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
71. Re: Fire??? Baia Lara..any info

We arrived at baia Lara early hours on 17 th and could smell a burnt smell at reception . Have to say tho that is the only way you would know as hotel have obviously worked really hard at cleaning any smoke damage . Hotel is just as fabulous as it is every year so anyone travelling should have no concerns . However We have had conversations with other guests who were here on that scary night and heard a video and it all sounds terrifying . All in tho the baia is a wonderful hotel and would return again and again .

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Fire??? Baia Lara..any info

Stayed at Baia 2 times now and have booked for next year, although when we heard about the fire we were deeply concerned.

THOMAS COOK AND THOMSONS both deny having any knowledge of the incident on the 9th of July, we were in both shops yesterday and both said they did not know anything about it. People should try going in themselves and asking...............

SWEPT UNDER THE CARPET!!!!!!! we are know trying to move hotels as this has frightened us about staying at Baia.

I have posted new comment on hotel trip advisor page, yes it maybe harsh but god lives could have been lost

Male
Level Contributor
303 posts
Save Reply
73. Re: Fire??? Baia Lara..any info

We passed by out of curiosity after reading the posts and had a drink, as we have some guest getting there. But we could not find anything noticeable. And the hotel management told us that they have all in order again.

Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Fire??? Baia Lara..any info

Cant see any negative post on ta? Just a positive one when u were staying there?

Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Fire??? Baia Lara..any info

What I cant understand is that people have said they would still go back to this hotel! Who in their right mind would stay in a hotel anywhere knowing that fire safety is far less than adequate? No matter how lovely it is how can it be worth risking your life for? I feel sorry for the kids of these people! Unbelievable!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Fire??? Baia Lara..any info

Speaking as a former holiday rep, I think most tourists would be extremely shocked by the health and safety standards at hotels in resorts worldwide. This has been an unfortunate incident at the Baia Lara which could have ended in absolute tragedy and i really feel for those caught up in this mess but this could have been any hotel in Turkey, Greece, Spain, Italy, Egypt etc...they just don't have the same high levels of H&S or fire safety rules and regulations etc as we do in the UK.

Of course, that doesn't make it right, but to boycott this one highly rated and much loved hotel isn't the answer, you could stay at a different hotel next summer and the exact same thing could happen!

Sel

Edited: 21 July 2013, 15:35
Henfield, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: Fire??? Baia Lara..any info

7 years. The hotel only been open since 2009 lol!!

Bellshill, United...
Level Contributor
789 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Fire??? Baia Lara..any info

Good point Sel but I really think the big players in the industry, Tam Crook, First Choice etc should be sending a team of British H&S experts to every hotel to check even the basic things. I.e. fire exit signs, fire alarm testing, electrical fixed wiring testing etc

Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: Fire??? Baia Lara..any info

Omg really sel ? I'm shocked as I thought it was only turkey that had low levels of fire safety regs. I'm going to Ibiza so now I'm worried! Great to have some honest feedback from someone ' in the know ' so thanks for that :-) I also agree that if tour operators send us to foreign hotels that the hotels should comply with UK safety regs. After all if it wasn't for us they wouldn't make a living. Also my very valid point is that Thomas cook and probably others always state that customer safety is paramount. What a blatant lie that is in light of the poor fire safety measures. Maybe they should be forced to have this info in their small print? Its a disgrace really

East Dunbartonshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: Fire??? Baia Lara..any info

You will be lucky refused flight home refused another good standard hotel by TC went back to Baia Lara rather than IC Green Palace with trepidation. . So traumatised and don't think will go on holiday for a very long time