We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reviews.

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
reviews.

Just been looking at the latest reviews, what has happened to the Delphin Palace.

It's suddenly dropped from the top 3 to 12th,seems odd!

northumberland
Level Contributor
501 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reviews.

Strange. Been some funny goings on lately. People seem to be writing reviews for the first time and they seem to be the negative ones.

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reviews.

Yes true,I do find some of these first time reviews a bit strange especially the ones that say absolutely nothing,I'm always a bit suspicious when they say nothing you would expect a first review to be full of enthusiasm, good or bad.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reviews.

I noticed that it had dropped by ten places almost overnight?

But cant see enough bad reviews for that to happen. Things normally change much more slowly on here on Hotels with the amount of reviews these ones have ?

Cant see the first time reviews either mentioned above?

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reviews.

Meanwhile a Romanian posters has given imperial a hammering with some strange comments:

Never, never back!”

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 22 July 2013 NEW via mobile

In Delphin Imperial you cannot sleep because of the disco everywhere, you cannot get a good room without a big tip, you cannot eat because of the cheap food. You pay a lot for what you get in exchange! In rest is great!

No disrespect but surely its better than Romanian Hotels !!

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reviews.

The first time reviews that are mentioned are not just on the Palace, there are loads of them saying nothing!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,016 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reviews.

Hi Brian, not seen an hotel drop so quickly before either .I did notice a really scathing review a couple of weeks ago posted live at the hotel and then they got an upgrade and removed the bad review and gave it a better review !

Richard

I suspect the reviewer means you can hear noise from the outdoor entertainment in the rooms with a sea view or side sea view room or road noise in rooms at the front which is in effect true. They do stop the live music at around midnight. I could see that a problem with people going to bed early with maybe young children or those guests who do not like to stay up late..

It is true also that the hotel is expensive so expectations are high and suspect a lot more expensive than hotels in their own country.

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: reviews.

Hi Ann,I remember that review and as you and Richard say not seen a hotel drop so quickly I wonder if TA have been investigating the claim that they we're offering incentives for good reviews and dropped them ten places.

If that is the case then well done TA,I do wonder if a lot of hotels do the same.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,016 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: reviews.

Hi Brian

We have a Belek Hotel in the mix to, the Club Med ?

Maybe your right and it has been dropped for that reason but still seems a bit harsh dropping it to number 12.

I am sure several hotels are offering incentives to write reviews.

I am not sure why the RHP is so low as it has had glowing reviews and should be in the top 3 in my view but is way behind the Liberty Lara which is dated and not even Ultra All Inclusive.. The Titanic has really dropped low to.

I

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: reviews.

Yes does seem a bit strange that the hotels you expect at the top quite low down not been to the RHP but that is another in a funny position was always in top 5 !

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: reviews.

Of course I am only looking at the English reviews,there could be a lot of negatives from other nationals.