We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba diving with hotels close to the airport/bus station

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Scuba diving with hotels close to the airport/bus station

I am visiting Antalya for 2 days Sep 25-26. I am an open water certified PADI diver and would like to suba dive if I can in this short period.

I want to take the bus to Denizli on the evening of Sep 26. I haven't made any hotel reservations yet. Can anoyone suggest which areas should I find hotels in, if I want to be close to the Antalya airport and/or bus station as well as the local DIVE centers???

I know Kas is the best place to dive in Turkey, but I don't think I can fit that in my plans (4 hrs to drive there is not possible). I tried searching for Antalya dive centers on google, but did not land on anything close to the beach resorts. I tried searching this forum too, but not much help.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Edited: 01 August 2013, 22:51
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba diving with hotels close to the airport/bus station

Head straight for Tekirova for some diving at the Üç Adalar (3 islands), it's just 1 hour down the coast south-west of Antalya and probably the best diving in the region.

Google "tekirova scuba" for loads of info.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scuba diving with hotels close to the airport/bus station

Thanks for the info davidm1 ! I read about 3 islands somewhere else, I wasn't sure how to get there from, say Lara beach, or any of the other resorts I was planning to stay at.

What is the best way to get there from the hotels? Are cabs easily accessible in Antalya? And how expensive are they? I won't be able to rent a car and drive myself.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scuba diving with hotels close to the airport/bus station

Maybe stay in Tekirova, or Kemer or Cirali. There are buses running down the coast from Antalya every 15 minutes or so.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scuba diving with hotels close to the airport/bus station

I agree with David,

You can stay in the nearby Cirali and get diving arranged to Üç Adalar

I would say the best diving along your trip is Kas. But there is also diving off the Üç Adalar (Three Islands) - popular among scuba divers. which can be acessed by Tekirova.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvwTIv8nGqw

actually the three islands can also be seen from the beach of Cirali however there is no diving in Cirali as it is a protected beach and historical area..

another member has also mentioned Adrasan.

be sure to bring your PADI licence

also there is a interesting dive off Kemer..The Paris II wreck, that is shown as one of the 100 diving centers in the world and was sinking during world war I, exist in 33 meters deep down at the open sea of Kemer Marina.

If you Google "Tekirova" or "Kemer" and "diving", you'll find a few dive companies...also if you ask once you are in cirali there are people that can help you with this

to get to Tekirova from Cirali..a short bus ride away or you can rent a car and self drive..it is very easy

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scuba diving with hotels close to the airport/bus station

You would be better staying nearer the dive sites. Cabs are accessible but may be quite expensive for that distance. Buses run regularly but you would need to first of all get to the bus station.

As you can't rent a car yourself I would definitely suggest looking at hotels nearer the sites and booking a transfer on arrival. Some hotels offer a transfer from the airport.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scuba diving with hotels close to the airport/bus station

Thank you guys. You've been extremely helpful!!! Makes my decision much simpler about Antalya.

7. Re: Scuba diving with hotels close to the airport/bus station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 06:20