We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good for tennis

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Good for tennis

My husband and I are considering a vacation in October to Antalya. We both like to play tennis. Can anyone tell me where would be the best place to stay in order to have a good chance to play a lot of tennis. Thank you

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good for tennis

All the Delphins have decent tennis courts that always seem to be available. Hard courts. Good option if its not an out an out tennis holiday you want and just game of tennis around your holiday.

However if its serious tennis you are looking for the Hotel Rui Kaya Belek has numerous clay courts, I believe they may have an actual Tennis Academy based there. For certain this Hotel is used for numerous lower level (Challenger/Futures) professional tennis tournaments throughout the winter where young and up and coming tennis professionals learn their trade.

Only downside would be if you went while one of these tournaments was on although you would be staying at a time alongside some of the best young tennis players in the world and able to watch them you may find access to the courts limited etc.

They often have 8 weeks of tournaments in a row allowing the players to base themselves there for couple of months and almost certainly would be there in October.

If you like your tennis good option might be to stay at a Hotel next to the rui kayak with a tennis court but pop in to watch some of the action.

I haven't stayed there myself but I know it is a serious tennis Hotel in Antalya.

Edited: 08 September 2013, 08:38
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good for tennis

ıf you stay at the Rixos Downtown Antalya..there is a tennis club right next door

ANTALYA TENİS İHTİSAS ve SPOR KULÜBÜ

http://goo.gl/maps/HlEXZ

or at the hotel itself

rixos.com/en/…sports-activites

another alternative is near to the SeaLife hotel in Konyaalti beach there is also a tennis club nearby..

Or like the other member has provided info above the many large 5 star hotels in the lara strip will probably have their own courts

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good for tennis

Thanks to you both, I will explore these options.

4. Re: Good for tennis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 06:22