We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on Choice for Easter

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Help on Choice for Easter

I've found some really good deals for for second week of Easter hols, just really confused on which to go for....can anyone offer any advice which would be the best call for a family with a 4/6 year old. They're both very active and like swimming, so a great kids pool is a must.

Options are (all between £1300 and £1600 for 2a2c all inc)

Royal Wings, Lara beach

Limak Lara, Lara beach

Royal Holiday palace, Lara beach

Titanic Delux, Lara

Royal Dragon Resort, Side

Limak Atlantis Delux, Belek

london
Level Contributor
708 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help on Choice for Easter

Hi,

Don't know how much help I can be as we now travel as a couple as our children are older.

We have stayed at the Royal Wings & there did seem to be a lovely area for the children ,with a pool nearby that most of the families seemed to use. There is an area at the front of the hotel that seems to be for children as well. They also had funfair rides at certain times.

In the restaurant there was a lovely area for the children to get their own cereals etc.All at child height with a seating area for them. I don't know if it's the same.

The Royal Dragon is the sister hotel & seems to be more geared for families so maybe there is even more for them there..

We are going to the Barut Lara at Easter ,having been there for the first time last year. The grounds are huge,something our sons would have enjoyed when they were younger.

There is a nice playground area with daily activities for the children.

The heated pool was well used by families when we were there ,as well as the outside ones.

Good luck with making your choice. Have a great holiday.

Leo

lincolnshire,england
Level Contributor
97 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help on Choice for Easter

We went to the Baia Lara easter 2012 with our 7yr old son it has a nice heated indoor and outdoor pool and kids club. The outside snack bars were open and there was a mini disco and show indoors each night. Other outdoor pools are too cold at this time of year and although we've also been to the Royal Wings 3 times in may and oct and loved it I don't think the waterpark and funfair are open until the beginning of may.

Surrey
Level Contributor
381 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help on Choice for Easter

You def want a heated out door pool at Easter. So confirm which hotels have one otherwise pools too cold that time year

Jo

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,326 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help on Choice for Easter

Hi,

We've tried most on your list and the best all rounder will be Royal Holiday Palace

it's one of the newer hotels and has the best funfair on the strip, plus excellent waterslides ~ need to check if open at Easter

The Titanic has an excellent children's pool, gently shelved and a pirate ship ~ but no funfair

The Baia Lara children's pool is tiny compared to others and the waterslides are probably too daunting for your son's age

Have you consider Delphin Diva? It has mini waterslides into a waist deep pool? Excellent food & service and a funfair on site too

We found Royal Wings okay but a bit dingy & tired looking

Our friends loved the Royal Dragon, but to be fair, it was only their first visit to Turkey and had nothing to compare it too, longest transfer on your shortlist.

Voyage at Belek has a heated outdoor pool and great facilities for children (fun fair etc)

If you have any further questions I'm happy to help, Happy Holidays, Angela

Edited: 08 February 2014, 18:24
Barnsley
Level Contributor
112 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help on Choice for Easter

Hi,

Not sure if its of any help but we are going to the Limak Lara at Easter, with our teenage son, know of at least 1 other family with younger kids going at same time. Been to Turkey a few times now, did plenty of research before booking, ranked 4th on Trip, winter concept but still plenty of slides and pools to choose from, there's also an indoor pool but in my experience kids dont worry about the temperature of the pools if there's other kids about. Good choice of ala cartes and the entertainment sounds impressive. If its coming in around £1300 for 2+2, sounds a bargain. Fingers crossed for the weather!

Cheers

Steve

leeds
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help on Choice for Easter

We're also going to the Limak Lara in April; Steve: I've been told by the hotel the summer concept starts in April 1st with 4 restaurants open. The hotel said the outdoor pool might not be warm enough but lets see. I think if it hits mid-20's it should be OK. Paid £1365 for 2+2 so yep its a bargain and fully in half-term.

Barnsley
Level Contributor
112 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help on Choice for Easter

Excellent, fingers crossed for the weather then. We went to Rhodes last Easter which isnt a million miles away and even though it was start of April, by the end of the week it was 30 degrees plus, so same again please! My son wont care if the pool is cold so long as the slides are open and water polo etc is on!

Edited: 13 February 2014, 11:57
8. Re: Help on Choice for Easter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 05:20