We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

info please considering Lara beach

Level Contributor
100 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
info please considering Lara beach

This is a forward planning post but I would be grateful for any help or info.

We are looking to book a holiday for May time but not until next year. It would be our 1st holiday with a baby who will be about 8/9 months.

We like the look of Lara beach because we like Turkey it's a year round destination (I gather) and a short transfer. Also we had a fantastic holiday in Mexico and lots of the hotels in this area look similar in design/set up. We have also been looking at lykia world oludeniz but.I'm drawn back to Lara beach.

Some questions I have

What roughly can we expect to pay for a good hotel AI for a week?

Can anyone recommend a particularly baby friendly hotel/good baby facilities?

Will there be a supermarket anywhere close for baby supplies?

Would you recommend this area for a first family holiday?

Anything else in particular you think we should know about the area/consider?

I would be really appreciative of any help/guidance

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,509 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: info please considering Lara beach

Hi Diamond Girl

Welcome to the forum

I personally would discount the Lykia World hotel as although beautiful scenery it is a very long transfer from the airport with a young child, the complex is hilly with a pushchair, the hotel is of a good standard but not perhaps what you have experienced in Mexico

Lara Beach is a strip nearly 20 5 star hotels, they vary in price dependent on time of year and some are better than others.

You are not tied by school holidays so should be able to get a package holiday from £500 per adult all inclusive with flights, the price will be higher at the better quality hotels.

Although some hotels are open all year round, many pools and outdoor facilities close for the winter Nov - Mar/April

The Liberty is small, friendly, good food and has an exceptionally good baby pool. If you want a bit more glitz then the Delphin Palace baby pool is excellent and has cabanas alongside it where your baby can have a nap.

The Baia Lara & Concorde baby pools are small,

Titanic, royal Holiday Palace, Royal Wings, Delphin Diva pools are good for tots, Sherwood Breezes has a shaded splash pool

Most of the Lara hotels provide baby food & highchairs

Some have on site funfairs as part of the all inclusive

There is a supermarket but I would take as many bits from home as you can - you may not be able to pick up your favourite brands, on site hotel shops tend to be expensive

Lara is a short airport transfer 20-30 minutes but far enough away not to be disturbed by aircraft noise

Another quality hotel I can reccomend with a small child & short airport transfer is the Hilton at Sarigerme (fly into Dalaman, 20 min transfer)

It has a great kids area away from the main pool and the kids club staff go in the baby pool and interact with the children

There are a lot of excellent hotels in Belek to consider too (40 minute transfer)

Hope this helps, good luck with your research,

Best wishes, Angela

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
472 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: info please considering Lara beach

Most of the 5* hotels in Lara Beach are excellant and will just depend on the best deal you can get.

Lara Beach consists of 1 strip of hotels all situated on the beach .Most have good pools and slides for young ones and some have funfairs on site.20 min transfer and there are shops along the strip and a large Migros supermarket.

Book and enjoy.

Level Contributor
100 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: info please considering Lara beach

Thankyou for the kind replies that's really helpful I will have a look into those hotels.

I presume the 5* hotels will provide cots? You say they provide high chairs and baby food which is brilliant. I know lyKia have a baby kitchen where you can sterilizebottles ect is this aavailable in the Lara hotels? Or is their facilities in the room ie kettle/Fridge?

Is the beach good with a young baby?

Has anyone been to Mexico aswell? I wonder how the.hotels compare. I notice a lot of the Lara hotels only give u 1 al a carte reservation per week which puts me off a little due yo there not really been many places out of the hotel to go to eat. Are children welcome in the al a carte sections?

Level Contributor
100 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: info please considering Lara beach

Thankyou for the kind replies that's really helpful I will have a look into those hotels.

I presume the 5* hotels will provide cots? You say they provide high chairs and baby food which is brilliant. I know lyKia have a baby kitchen where you can sterilizebottles ect is this aavailable in the Lara hotels? Or is their facilities in the room ie kettle/Fridge?

Is the beach good with a young baby?

Has anyone been to Mexico aswell? I wonder how the.hotels compare. I notice a lot of the Lara hotels only give u 1 al a carte reservation per week which puts me off a little due yo there not really been many places out of the hotel to go to eat. Are children welcome in the al a carte sections?

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,371 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: info please considering Lara beach

Hi diamondgirl

There are some nice hotels but as stated all are classed as 5 star but there some much better than others!

I have copied the Baby star info for our favourite Lara hotel .

The Barut Lara is the first hotel on the Lara strip ! In my view it has the best spot and a vast amount of open space with lots of grassed areas. It is closed right now for a renovation of the rooms and other improvements.

There is a running / walking path round the perimeter of the hotel, ideal for pushchair walking !

Some hotel have very little outdoor space with to much crammed in to the available space !

Some hotels are to close to the busy road through Lara and you experience noise from some rooms !

The Barut is well set back from the road and has a long driveway !

We have stayed at the Limak Lara, Delphin Imperial and Palace and the Royal Holiday Palace which is our next favourite !

The Barut Lara has the best All Inclusive package with included A la Carte's with one for adults but babies would be welcome at the others ! The BBQ, fish, and Turunc are outdoors and excellent for taking babies to at that time of year ! The kiddies play area was good before but with new facilities planned ! Your child is probably going to be at crawling stage but loads of grass for him/ her to explore !

Here is the info !

Barut Bary Star Baby Concept

Absolute Comfort for Families with Babies

Barut Hotels offer families with babies a unique concept with luxurious features essential for their comfort and ease. With the Bary Star Baby Concept babies will enjoy happiness and families will enjoy a perfect holiday at Barut Hotels. Experience a flawless holiday with your baby at Barut Hotels with the Bary Star Baby Concept. Your and your baby’s happiness is our pleasure.

Bary Star Baby Concept: Cot, pushchair, baby phone, baby bouncer, changing mat, baby bath, potty/baby toilet seat cover, baby shampoo, flannel, bib, bottle warmer, baby wipes, kettle, highchair.

Baby formula and nappies (Can be purchased from shop in the hotel)

Babysitting (for an additional charge)

*Please inform Barut Hotels about your Bary Star Baby Concept request before your holiday.

Level Contributor
100 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: info please considering Lara beach

Wow that sounds amazing!! Does it cost a lot extra for the baby package?

Do you have recommendations for who to book with?

I take it may Will be ok temps not too high but not classed as low season?

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,371 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: info please considering Lara beach

Hi diamondgirl

We went last year on the 6th May and stayed the first week at the Imperial and hated it and after a week we went to the Barut Lara the second week ! Read my reviews maybe! I posted photos to !

The weather was perfect for a youngster ! There is a tiny children's pool behind where we used to sunbathe with a canopy over it for shade. There is also a nice graduated pool that starts off shallow so ideal for tots to splash in ! We have been 8 times and keen to go back to see the planned facilities !

Service is superb and they have every drink you could wish for including real baileys and a very nice sparkling wine. They have bottled Becks and Miller at all the bars !

If you want to send me a pm with your e-mail address I can forward you some room info and the 2014 fact sheet ! I have had quite a few requests for this !

I personally book a package with Thomas Cook for this hotel but Monarch sometimes are cheaper but not alway the same room options ! I usually book on- line vis a cash back site ! Booking early when the holidays go on sale is your best bet and our late August holiday this year is now £500 more with Thomson for the two of us!

I have been to Mexico to !

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
224 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: info please considering Lara beach

We have stayed at the Limak Lara and Delphin Diva; both have very good young children's play areas with plenty of shade; beaches are sandy with some small pebbles; designated children's eating areas as well as highchairs etc

20 min taxi transfer which may come as a relief after 4 hour + flight

Level Contributor
100 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: info please considering Lara beach

Thanks for all the replies.

Just to let ppl know I cannot receive pms on here? I only have the mobile app and if I go to the desktop site on my phone to retrieve them it's throws me out. I have messages from June last year I didn't know about sorry? Just thought I would mention because I received an email saying I had a message 're this post.

Would you mind me asking if there is a large price difference between staying at the barut Lara and one of the lower ranking hotels mentioned. What roughly would I be looking at for a week in May with flights? Will I have to pay full price for baby?

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,371 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: info please considering Lara beach

Hi

It is hard to get an idea of prices now as this May holidays have been on sale since late April/ early May.

It is going to be more expensive than some of the other hotels but you should get the baby for free possibly sitting on your lap on the flight ! Not sure as a long time since I booked with a baby ! I think the baby extras I posted are included.

You get what you pay for as they say but if you book early you might get a good deal!

Not that long to wait really until next summer goes on sale.