We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aska Lara Resort.......is it near finished...???

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Aska Lara Resort.......is it near finished...???

Hi

My young family and I have booked to visit this hotel on 24th May and I'm very concerned it will be a shambles. I've tried to check how it is getting on via this website but can anyone who is there or just returned give an honest opinion?

I've been in to Thomas Cook and voiced my concerns but they have just said it is done and all ready for action. Taking three young children in half-term week is costing a fortune for my wife & I and it will be heartache if it's not offering all they have sold to us.

My wife and I have been to Lara Beach many times and always had superb holidays.....don't want this to be a disaster.

Also has anyone managed to get Thomas Cook to change their hotel before going???......as I am tempted to go in the shop and kick off to be moved to one of the quality hotels nearby.

Hope I hear some honest feedback....

Kind Regards

SC

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aska Lara Resort.......is it near finished...???

If you look on their facebook site it looks pretty much finished, guest reviews are very good.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aska Lara Resort.......is it near finished...???

Based on the last two reviews I would definitely ask to move

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aska Lara Resort.......is it near finished...???

People being told £414 each to change hotels once they are there - maybe cheaper to change before you get there

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,676 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aska Lara Resort.......is it near finished...???

Is this the Barut Aska that used to be the Dedeman? I came past this evening on my way home and although it was dark it seems that one side is finished and maybe the public areas. Still lots of construction stuff in the grounds but that said it can be moved very quickly.

I'll check next I go past in daylight but with my current workload I'm beginning to wonder when that will be :-S

If it's possible to change it could be worth doing.

But once completed I think this hotel will be amazing. Away from the main Lara Beach strip with amazing views across the bay to the mountains and not as far away from town etc.

Edited: 09 May 2014, 20:55
Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aska Lara Resort.......is it near finished...???

Vip Family:

Many thanks for your comment but that isn't the right hotel. This hotel is brand new just built.

Richard:

Yes, the previous two reviews are concerning.....I have looked on facebook page and pics look like it's close to being done.

Any info from someone who is there or just been would be reassuring.

Regards

SC

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aska Lara Resort.......is it near finished...???

So many great hotels in lara beach that are up and running and finished

New hotels even when finished take a few months for staff to get upto speed etc

Why take the risk on an important holiday for you ?

I would at least check your options with Thomas Cook - if there is no cost to change then I would play safe

london
Level Contributor
708 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aska Lara Resort.......is it near finished...???

Hi,

This hotel is at the end of the strip near the lake /river I think.

We were looking out for it on our coach as it picked up guests from the various hotels. We were told by our rep that it was a beautiful hotel but that it wasn't finished as expected. We passed by on the 19th April.

I don't know if it was another part of the hotel or if it was flats that were being built next door but they were very close & nowhere near to being finished.

I haven't read reviews on the hotel as it's location wasn't very nice & I wouldn't want to be nearby the building work.

If it were me I would be asking some questions as to what was fully open & what building works were going on next door.

You would be better off at the Royal Holiday Palace /Barut Lara or one of the other hotels along the strip of hotels.

It's location isn't nice ,I think unless you have a high floor you wouldn't have any real view apart from the road.

I would ask to change & go take a look at it when you're in Lara ,it wouldn't cost much in a taxi.It's not too far a walk from the Royal Holiday Palace.

Leo

Edited: 10 May 2014, 23:32
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,676 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aska Lara Resort.......is it near finished...???

Sorry I'm getting confused with the Barut Akra which isn't finished at all ;-) Must be old age creeping up!!

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aska Lara Resort.......is it near finished...???

We're at the Barut Lara right now. TC rep admitted there are teething problems but they hoped all would be fixed within the next two weeks.

Level Contributor
45 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aska Lara Resort.......is it near finished...???

I stayed in the Saturn Palace Resort next door to the Aksa. Returned home on the 29th April. The Aksa hotel looks magnificent, the hotel is fully open and the hotels water park was open, however was not fully open. I would say with a great deal of confidence that the water park will be fully open by the 24th.

Don't worry, the hotel looks that good that we will look to go on our next holiday

Edited: 11 May 2014, 21:48