We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Wing - worrying for no reason ?

Alloa, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Wing - worrying for no reason ?

Good morning, we are going to the Royal Wing next Thursday for 2 weeks and have a couple of questions

I have searched the forum and it appears that its only 1 al a carte visit a week (to any of the restaurants) is this true ? I emailed the hotel and the reply didn't really clarify , my follow up email has not been answered.

If so, will there be long queues to book a table ? we have boys 6 & 4 and I don't want to waste time queuing for something they wont really eat (unless there are posh chicken nuggets) .

Is the buffet varied enough if we are eating there all the time, I am sure it will be huge but by nature of what it is , will it be repetitive ? We may have to spend some time at the kebab bar :)

Sorry for the early morning ramble but just wanted to clarify

Thanks in advance

Simon

Cambridge UK
Level Contributor
564 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Wing - worrying for no reason ?

We went to the Royal Wings in 2012. At that time it was one A La Carte per week free but you can buy extra ones for 10E per adult and 5E per child. You have to book with guest relations, I think for the following day but I don't recall there being any issues.

If I remember they offered a special childrens menu in the A La Cartes of eg. nuggets and chips but my children chose to eat from the adults menu (they were 5 and 7 at the time).

As for the buffet, well any buffet is repetitive as they put out huge amounts of choices each day and so cannot put out completely different things each day for 7 or 14 days. I would suggest eating at the beach restaurant or the snack bars during the day then eating in the buffet in the evening mixing it up with one or 2 A La Cartes.

2. Re: Royal Wing - worrying for no reason ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:17