We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in Atalya

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Driving in Atalya

We are thinking of hirng a car for a week in Antalya to drive a long the coast. We arrive at Antalya airport at 11pm. What is driving like from the airport to the old tiown?. Is it OK at night time? Would we better waiting until the morning to hire the car?

Many thanks,

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
7,746 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving in Atalya

Most of the main roads in and around Antalya are dual carriageway and fairly straightforward. However by the time you land, go through passport control, collect your baggage etc and having been travelling for nearly 6 hours I'm guessing you'll be pretty tired. It may be better to arrange for your car in the morning. Turkish drivers can be pretty unforgiving and if you're hesitant at all be prepared to be hooted at!!! A lot easier to find your way around in daylight :-)

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving in Atalya

I agree with vip just get a taxi or arrange a transfer to your hotel's location in the kaleiçi of Antalya and then rent a car there to begin your travels along the coast. Driving inside of the city can be crazy and I dont recommend it. but driving along the highways are fine..where are you planning to visit along the coast ?

You can see my photos and the historicals sights in and around Antalya plus other places in Turkey at these pages;

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving in Atalya

We hired a car through Europcar. We were given a car with 1000kms. I will definitely recommend them. We drove from Izmir to Pamukkale to Antalya. Enjoyed the drive.

4. Re: Driving in Atalya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 07:25
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question