We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watches

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Watches

Can anyone advise where we can buy a good copy of a men's Rolex watch in Antalya please.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Watches

Here is a long answer

I met a partner of Deutsche bank in the delphin imperial who collects watches as a hobby. He has orginial rolexes etc but he also likes to buy good quality fakes and stores his originals at home and only wears for special occsasions.

The rest of the time he wears fakes which the people who know him assume are originals because they know about his watch collection and how wealthy he is.

Anyway last summer he wanted a particular watch (I forget the brand name) but he saw the fake he wanted in the delphin imperial but they wanted something like 250 euros for it plus 40 euros for the case it came in. He collects the cases as well. He showed me the watch. It was very impressive and on the back you could see inside and the workings whereas he said most fakes you cannot see this and they are a solid back.

He said the originals of the same watch were something like 9k in london.

Anyway he spent a whole day looking for a similar quality fake in antalya but cheaper. Although he found lots of fakes none were the same quality.

So he reluctantly paid the money at the delphin imperial.

We found the same with fake handbags. Loads of cheap nasty fakes in antalya but the shop in delphin imperial sold top quality fakes albeit expensive.

My wife bought three fake handbags for 300 euros in total. We could have bought for a third of that price in the markets but these handbags were top quality in comparison

So depends what you want. If you have a big budget to spend more than is needed on a top quality fake rolex then delphin imperial is where you should go. The shopkeeper gets them from istanbul.

Whilst we were there a russian guest spent 200K and bought the entire stock and the shop closed for three days whilst he sent for more watches from istanbul

No doubt those top quality fakes from delphin imperial are now being sold as originals somewhere in russia for 7k to 9k each.

Sorry for the long reply.

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Watches

I am sorry Richard but your mate paid way over the odds ,the hotels mark up by way over 50% ,whilst we were at the Imperial i checked out the watches i also collect them and have done for years,and before buying always research them on the net,,i checked out a Rolex Datonna and they wanted near on 280 euro ,i got a better one in a chocolate colour in Lara and paid £105 which is about 110 euro and believe me it is an excellent quality my boss has the original for which he says cost him near on 12k and you can not tell the difference.

You just do not buy from hotel stores they rip you off.

If you shop around you will find them and that includes bags.

yes there are cheap ones out there but if you check properly you will find the genuine fakes ,as they are called.

When we were at the Susesi last year i had my Rolex on ,and the watch seller there asked me how much i paid when i told him he called me a liar and asked me to leave his shop and that is the truth.

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Watches

Lisa H.

If you are determined to buy a good quality copy ,then before going research them on the internet even print out the one you are after,once in Antaly lara etc do not buy from the first vendor ,generally they will be asking near on double what you should pay so you will have to barter,cheap copies are about a tenner,better ones between 30 to 50 pounds,then the top quality are around £100 to £120,i have never paid more than this and i have a huge collection,the electric ones are better than the automatics,you will find the auto ones will stop after about a day of not being worn.

There is an excellent seller in the Festival bazaar near the bus depot in Antalya ,all his top quality watches are hidden under the seats ,and he guarantees them,i got a Raddo from him and the glass cracked for which he replaced when i returned.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Watches

The one my friend wanted wasn't a rolex. And the one in delphin that he wanted was a watch where the rear is see through. He told me the brand.

He searched high and low in antalya but although they had the watch in the city shops none had the transparent back so you could see the workings as the originals do.

He was loathe to pay the 250 and that was after he had already bartered etc.

I think he finally also got the case thrown in.

I don't doubt the hotels charge more but my friends experience was the city antalya shops didn't have same quality fakes for the brand he wanted at least.

Which led me to assume the other brands would be similarly good quality.

The same guy owns the handbag shop opposite in the imperial. The girl in there is very hard to barter with. We walked away but were forced to go back the day after when we just couldn't find the same handbags elsewhere.

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Watches

That's the unfortunate thing Richard.

You sometimes do have search high and low,they are there, it just depends how much time you want to spend looking.you will also find the owners of the hotel shops own shops outside.

The one place I would be wary of buying near on anything is Belek ,we found their prices rediculous, I have genuine Michael Korrs watches, and they were asking near on the same price for fakes and would not budge.

I do think that because it is a golfing area, they they think people have more money so they charge more.

My wife wanted a MK bag in a shop in Belek but the owner would not go below as i can remenber 70 euro.she finally got 2 of the same quality in Antalya for half that price.

As I say you have to search for them sometimes, but if not just don't pay it, they soon learn.

Antalya, Turkey
Level Contributor
83 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Watches

Hello Lisa again,

as i see you will come to stay Delphin Diva and around Delphin diva you will see Sultan Bazaar. its very very close to your hotel. in that shop you will see a few copy watches shop.but please make bargain very much

7. Re: Watches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Antalya