We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melas Lara Hotel

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Melas Lara Hotel

This Hotel barely gets a mention on here but worth pointing out on Holiday Check it is the fourth highest rated Hotel in Lara Beach

Not enough reviews on here and so it only lies 17th however the reviews on here are 4.5 on average so very good

Similarly Royal Holiday Palace is the second rated Hotel in Lara Beach on Holiday Check whereas only 11th on here

I think TA seems to mark Hotels down on how high it rates them if there aren't enough reviews

Melas Lara as its not promoted to UK probably going to stay down there. It appears smaller than most hotels on lara beach but very good quality based on the reviews

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melas Lara Hotel

Over 1,000 reviews and 98% recommending it on Holiday Check - that's as high a recommendation rate as any Hotel on Lara Beach

Good price as well

Definitely seems to be a place to go for a quite and relaxing quality break in Lara beach

Maybe one to add to the checklist

Edited: 16 June 2014, 12:15
Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melas Lara Hotel

I didn't really like the look of it, our balcony at Royal Holiday Palace looked onto the Melas and almost all their pool area was in either the shade of their own building or the shade cast by RHP. We could also hear their bingo and karaoke, and we were up on the 6th floor - so many other more tempting hotels for us - each to their own i guess

Regards, Angela

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melas Lara Hotel

Angela - like I say it rarely gets mentioned on here but those satisfaction rates suggest it is offering a fabulous holiday as well - smaller and quieter than most Hotels in Lara Beach but 98% recommending and fourth highest rated in the resort amongst the European visitors to Lara beach

Must be doing a lot of things very well in its own way - and appears very reasonably priced

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,107 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melas Lara Hotel

We has a tour of the Melas Lara possibly 3 years ago and it actually is a very nice hotel with a lovely lobby to welcome you.

The rooms are very nice and the brochures do not do them justice. The Guest Service lady at the time had previously been at the Delphin Palace. We had a lovely welcome from her. We bumped in to animators who we knew from the Barut Lara ! It is small but has some nice aspects! The fish Restaurant on the top floor had glorious views from the terrace, not that it would tempt my husband with a fear of heights !

The downside was that it is local drinks served so a no from us, but for this we could have been tempted for a week ! !

We certainly liked it much more than the Liberty Lara which gets lots of Brits and I have never understood the appeal of that hotel. It is local drinks and not even a 24 hours All Inclusive and you pay for the safe there ! I know you really like it Angela so we are all looking for something different ! We did like the outside space though there ! We saw preparations for a wedding while on the tour and a lot of effort was put in to that. Kids were well looked after from what we saw and again we got a nice welcome!

Edited: 17 June 2014, 12:10
northumberland
Level Contributor
501 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melas Lara Hotel

When we stayed at Royal Holiday Palace we could hear the entertainment. Didn't sound bad at all. The grounds looked very nice.

Level Contributor
98 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melas Lara Hotel

Glad the Melas is getting a mention on this forum as im off their in about a months time. Cant understand though why people who have put reviews on TA about it moan that there are not many British guests, no one is more English than me but that doesnt mean I have to be surrounded by brits to have a good holiday?? Also why do some brits go abroad and then moan that other countries cant speak english very well? Im sure that the turkish people would appreciate us trying to talk to them a bit more in there own language!! Still please keep up the commens on the Melas as all info greatly appreciated. Would also just like to add that I think that the Turkish people are very friendly and polite.

Cambridge UK
Level Contributor
548 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Melas Lara Hotel

Entertainment was very loud indeed when we stayed next door. No need for it at all as very few guests were watching it.

8. Re: Melas Lara Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 05:17