We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need your help of where to stay in Antalya for 3 nights!

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need your help of where to stay in Antalya for 3 nights!

Hello,

I'm planning a trip to Antalga for 3 nights next september .. my plan includes 1- going rafting and canyoning

2- Visiting the Duden waterfalls.

3- visit the Old City.

It's going to be my first time there .. I read that there are few main areas like the Old City and Lara Beach ..

I wanna know which is a better place and would be suitable and have nice boutique hotels by the seaside to choose *please recommend me hotels*.

Also would like to know the appropriate cost of transfers from and to the airport for the area that you would recommend .. and will it be safe for two women alone?

Thanks alot in advance and Have a good Day.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need your help of where to stay in Antalya for 3 nights!

Rafting and canyoning we are going from antalya and booked with the company who are top rated for things to do in antalya for activities. Great reviews and picking us up from our hotel in antalya (best western kham) at 9am. Returning us at 4pm.

I think if I wasn't going with kids who want a pool and access to a beach (best western khan has a beach club with shuttle bus) then I would have stayed in kaleici somewhere like the pudding club hotel or another highly rated boutique hotel

You will love kaleici - it's fabulous and some of the boutique hotels look great from the outside

You should stay there for sure. We are a two minute walk from kaleici

Make sure you dine one night at the vanilla lounge - great food there in kaleici

Maybe consider a turkish bath as well. There is a 600 year old well rated hamman again on things to do activities in antalya and we will be trying there

We are going to charter a boat for half a day as well to take us to waterfalls etc

Can't wait for this holiday.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need your help of where to stay in Antalya for 3 nights!

Ps with just three days you must stay in kaleici

Lara beach is great for all inclusive holidays but the things you want to do mean you wouldn't be in the hotel much

You will love kaleici just check out ta reviews to pick the right kaleici hotel

Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need your help of where to stay in Antalya for 3 nights!

Richard2169 .. Thank you very much for your reply it's very much appreciated .. I was thinking of the Puding hotel as well .. good reviews and was also recommended by a friend .. Yes I'm not looking to stay in the hotel I would love to walk around all day and discover the city and its beauty.

Some people also recommended going to Çıralı a village an hour away from Antalya with great scenes and nature .. but think it would be away from activities like rafting and canyoning in Antalya.

Do you know how much a transfer from and to the airport would cost to Kelieci by taxi?

as the tour company I'm booking with are telling me that private airport transfer would cost 100 USD (but to Lara beach area which is closer to the airport!) So I'm trying to find better ways.

And Thank you very much for your recommendations about where to eat I'll add it to my list :)

I'll also think about the Hamam there if I didn go for it in Istanbul as I'm planning to go there before Antalya .

Thank you once again and wish you have a great holiday :)

Edited: 20 June 2014, 21:56
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need your help of where to stay in Antalya for 3 nights!

Richard2169 .. Thank you very much for your reply it's very much appreciated .. I was thinking of the Puding hotel as well .. good reviews and was also recommended by a friend .. Yes I'm not looking to stay in the hotel I would love to walk around all day and discover the city and its beauty.

Some people also recommended going to Çıralı a village an hour away from Antalya with great scenes and nature .. but think it would be away from activities like rafting and canyoning in Antalya.

Do you know how much a transfer from and to the airport would cost to Kalieci by taxi?

as the tour company I'm booking with are telling me that private airport transfer would cost 100 USD (but to Lara beach area which is closer to the airport!) So I'm trying to find better ways.

And Thank you very much for your recommendations about where to eat I'll add it to my list :)

I'll also think about the Hamam there if I didn go for it in Istanbul as I'm planning to go there before Antalya .

Thank you once again and wish you have a great holiday :)

Edited: 20 June 2014, 21:57
Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need your help of where to stay in Antalya for 3 nights!

Taxi from airport (the rank is right outside arrivals and very well managed) to kaleici will cost half of what you have been quoted.

We paid 20 euros to lara beach. You might be paying 30 euros max for taxi to kaleici which is just a bit further.

We always get taxi transfers from antalya. Very easy and very cheap. We like to confirm the price with the Marshall and driver before we get in the taxi but others are happy to use the meters

You will love kaleici. Hidden gem of a place.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need your help of where to stay in Antalya for 3 nights!

Taxi from airport (the rank is right outside arrivals and very well managed) to kaleici will cost half of what you have been quoted.

We paid 20 euros to lara beach. You might be paying 30 euros max for taxi to kaleici which is just a bit further.

We always get taxi transfers from antalya. Very easy and very cheap. We like to confirm the price with the Marshall and driver before we get in the taxi but others are happy to use the meters

You will love kaleici. Hidden gem of a place.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need your help of where to stay in Antalya for 3 nights!

Re safety for two ladies

I think you will feel very safe

It's a very busy/bustling place always lots of like minded tourists wandering round with you

Not crowded just that you won't feel like two ladies travelling alone if that makes sense

There will be other families, couples etc ahead or behind you everywhere you go

We have never had any issues visiting turkey as a family at all nor seen any

Edited: 20 June 2014, 22:19
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,417 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need your help of where to stay in Antalya for 3 nights!

Kaleici is wonderful I totally agree with Richard's advice. Puding hotels look great and right in the heart of the old town. Enjoy every minute :-)

Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need your help of where to stay in Antalya for 3 nights!

Richard .. About the taxi and with this rate would surely be way Greater than the company's rate!

Thanks a lot for your advice and for encouraging me more about Kaleici and it's safety :)

The Same goes for "vipfamily" for replying and double assuring for Kaleici. :)

One more question .. about the waterfalls .. is the best way to reach it is by boat as you are going to do? and if so .. from where do we rent the boat and how much does it cost? .. will being in a boat means you won't be able to go on land and have a walk around the place?

Thanks again for your Help and Time :)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,708 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need your help of where to stay in Antalya for 3 nights!

We have stayed in the Kaleici three times and would not stay anywhere else in Antalya, it is so central and there is so much to see and do. If you book a hotel ask if they do an airport pick up service, it is usually cheaper than a taxi.

Regarding the hamam, there are three within the Kaleici, read the reviews, one is just a tourist trap.

Edited: 21 June 2014, 09:50