We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Side / Lara Beach cant decide which resort help x

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
134 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Side / Lara Beach cant decide which resort help x

We are a couple in our 60s have been to Turkey before but never to Antalya have always fancied trying Side or Lara Beach not sure which. We like to get out and about using local buses /dolmus/ boat trips etc. Would like to visit Side as I believe it has a lot of historical interest which hubby likes can anyone give me advise. Also looking at booking for early June next year is the weather nice at that time of year sea temp etc good hotel recommendations for a couple our age would also be helpful thanks in advance x

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
685 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Side / Lara Beach cant decide which resort help x

I can recommend the Barut Arum in Side as it is right on the beach/promanade. It is a lovely clean hotel with excellent staff.

The beach prom runs all the way into Side with little bars along the way for you to sit and have a freshly squeezed juice or whatever your tipple is. It would take about 45 mins steady walk to the harbour area, the dolmus takes about 5 to 10 mins and stops at the end of the drive of the hotel. It is very easy to get to other places such as Manavgat also.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
134 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Side / Lara Beach cant decide which resort help x

Thanks schoolholiday for your quick reply will definately have a look at that can you do boat trips from side harbour .

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
695 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Side / Lara Beach cant decide which resort help x

If you would prefer a smaller hotel try the nearby Barut Andiz in Side, slightly nearer to the resort centre than the Arum.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,673 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Side / Lara Beach cant decide which resort help x

Lara Beach hotels are in a strip of all inclusive hotels and the immediate area reflects this- not a lot about and that which is very overpriced and aimed solely at the tourist market.

You can however hop on a bus to Kaleici - fabulous old town with wonderful winding streets lots of small bars, restaurants and cafes; a beautiful old harbour right in Antalya city centre. You could always stay in Kaleici..... some beautiful hotels there. Not AI but individual some luxury right to basic pensions.

Lara beach is also only a 15-20 minute taxi ride from the airport.

I also love Side. A bit further from the airport. An hour or so transfer but a beautiful place.

I can't comment on hotels as living here I never get the luxury of staying in them ;-)

Edited: 21 June 2014, 08:45
Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Side / Lara Beach cant decide which resort help x

The difference in price for a family of four between antalya and lara beach 5 star is huge

Will be less for a couple but still huge

For comparison we are paying 89 euros for four half board in a suite at best western khan four star hotel in antalya

Then over 300 euros per night all inclusive at delphin diva

We have a pool but no slides

We have breakfast and choice of lunch or dinner with half board

And we have free access to their private beach club and bistro

So we have 200 euros plus per day to spend on drink and extra food

And we can visit a few places without feeling we are missing out on the all inclusive where we are staying

I think for a couple who like to get out and about all inclusive are not the best option

As things stand having done all inclusive many times to turkey I personally am looking forward to our city part of our break as much if not more so than our all inclusive part

I look forward to eating at restaurants we stumble across etc and boat trips etc

I will do a live report and compare the two experiences in mid july

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Side / Lara Beach cant decide which resort help x

How about Conny's Hotel in Side

Boutique Hotel which won awards for both romance and price value from TA this year

The number one rated hotel in the entire Turkish Mediterranean Coast on Trip Advisor

Surely perfect for a couple who want to get out and about and not just looking for all inclusive holiday?

Check the reviews - sounds fabulous

Nottingham
Level Contributor
846 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Side / Lara Beach cant decide which resort help x

Barut Hemera is nice around a 45 main walk along the prom to Side.

8. Re: Side / Lara Beach cant decide which resort help x

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:17