We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Having a wobble..Barut Lara

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
569 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Having a wobble..Barut Lara

We booked this time last year for Sept 30th this year for a week at the BL. This is for a ten year wedding anniversary for our first ever holiday without kids so we wanted something lovely.

I really booked because it's number one on TA and everyone raves about it.

However now I am a bit worried. We like the Voyage Belek for it's all inclusive package, the entertainment team and the a la cartes but we didn't want to go back there without the kids we wanted more luxury for our anniversary break.

I am not sure I am going to get luxury at the barut! I am worried about reserving sunbeds, towel cards etc but also really the luxury side of it.

I have looked at our dates and for roughly the same price now we could get the Cornelia diamond in belek or Delphin diva in lara beach. I could go into thomas cook and see how much they would charge to change hotels but am I worrying for nothing??

Has anyone got any thoughts on this and on the two other hotels I mentioned? Posting the antalya forum and the belek forum as I know not everyone goes on both.

Thanks for reading!

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
685 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Having a wobble..Barut Lara

Don't be put off by the odd negative comment! If you want quality all inclusive, you will not be disapointed at the Barut Lara also the animation staff - infact all the staff are superb.

It may not offer the wow factor of some of the other hotels, but fancy decor does not always make a better hotel!

Give it a try and see for yourself, it might be just what you are looking for.

Level Contributor
569 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Having a wobble..Barut Lara

Thanks school holiday! I've wobbled back now to the Barut. I am sure I will have a great time and like you say I need to ignore the minor issues. Off to look at more pictures now!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,111 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Having a wobble..Barut Lara

Hi sue

Do you follow the Barut Lara animation on Facebook ?

Lots of great photos of entertainment and they even had something like the four seasons party at the VB !

The two new Restaurants look great !

Level Contributor
569 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Having a wobble..Barut Lara

Yes I do Ann, they always look like they are having fun!! The two new restaurants do look lovely. Feel a bit silly for my wobble now haha, I am sure it will be amazing!

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Having a wobble..Barut Lara

Hi Sooziebabes.

No hotel is perfect and no two are the same, I have not been to the VB, so can not compare the two,but I have been to two others in Lara and the Susesi in Belek, and in my view only the Susesi comes close to it.

You say you like A La Carte .well the Barut has eight excellent ones and you do not have to pay to use them.

The drinks package is excellent, and as Grimbo said the service is top notch.

It probably does not have the wow factor of some newer hotels,but it makes up for that in every other way.

I am sure you will have an excellent time.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
24 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Having a wobble..Barut Lara

We've just come back from the Barut and don't worry, you'll have a great time! I think some of the things you're worried about (towel cards/sunbeds) are probably going to come up at any hotel in that area so don't worry :) The Barut struck us as stylish and gimmick free.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Having a wobble..Barut Lara

These hotels give superb quality holidays in Turkey

Only real reason for having a wobble is that over there the bar keeps getting raised and you start reading about places like Maxx Royale etc that come at another price level again

But Barut Lara, Delphin, RHP and co still give great holidays regardless

We would probably all go to somewhere like Maxx Royale all the time if it wasn't for the price but what we get elsewhere is still superb compared to normal European holidays IMO

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Having a wobble..Barut Lara

Double post

Edited: 22 June 2014, 17:10
Level Contributor
569 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Having a wobble..Barut Lara

I agree with you Richard. I also think I made a mistake personally by booking so long ago. I've had a whole year to read reviews on other hotels, read live reports etc. I probably would still choose the Barut in the end because the good reviews far outweigh the bad but I think next time we book I will wait till closer to the time. We also booked a year on advance for the vb but we knew we liked it so not a problem.

I'm really looking forward to it now though, about twelve weeks to go!

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Having a wobble..Barut Lara

Hi Sooziebabes.

As Richard says all these hotels are quality, it comes down to personal preference.

I have just been reading some of the negative reviews on the Barut and all I can say is they must have been to a different Barut to the one I have just returned from for the 7th time.

Yes there are differences, but one person said the rooms look tired, they have just had a refurb and the rooms have been brought up to date,

as for saying that 50% of the staff are rude, just not true, you will always get the odd one, but if you are polite to them you get it back ten fold,

There are a few other changes that for Barut regulars was a shock to the system, unfortunately the Barut has had to change for it own good.

But trust me once you get there you will realise you hve been worrying for nothing.

As for booking long ago , in most cases you have to or you loose out on the room you want, we have had the Maxx booked since last year and have just booked the Calista for next May, but I have already done my homework and dont worry about the negatives, just look forward to all the positives.

Get answers to your questions about Antalya