We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do the main hotels read the forums?

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
567 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Do the main hotels read the forums?

I know they read the reviews, and put a reply which sometimes I think is a bit pointless because they just copy and paste! Some hotels reply more personally which is better.

But do they read the forums? I know inci at the voyage belek reads the belek forum from what people have said, but how about this forum?

For example, my thread about the barut lara, at first glance could put people off the hotel, which was not my intention. Do you think the hotels read the forums and act upon the negative comments?

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do the main hotels read the forums?

The good ones all should do and should care and act accordingly

I notice the one star review for barut lara has been removed

I find that very strange and wonder who decides when a review is removed

I have seen countless untrue things said about countless Hotels I have visited acorss the world but those reviews remain nearly always and all a Hotel can do is answer the review

That review I believe was genuine albeit a rant yet somehow someone gets it removed - maybe the Hotel?

Anybody know how it works?

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do the main hotels read the forums?

There is a current one star review from a guest at Riu Kaya Palazzo where he also wrote a bad review of the Hotel whilst he was there

He was then offered to be moved into a suite and other extras to retract the review

So yes they read the reviews and take them very seriously

Goto Riu Kaya palazzo reviews and see his story of its still there

scotland
Level Contributor
4,076 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do the main hotels read the forums?

I do believe Royal holiday Palace dont..They are avid followers of holiday check..The guest relations did tell me that.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,017 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do the main hotels read the forums?

Hi Sue

Regarding the comment about Inci I asked her this Question at Easter and she said with all the daily e-mail she does not have time to follow the forum posts and to be honest at times there would be far to many to follow!

I did contact the Palazzo about my concerns / wobble and had no reply as yet but in it I suggested they may like to follow the forums to !

I have resent the message again !

I find it odd that at the VB and Maxx often the same person responds to reviews from both hotels !

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do the main hotels read the forums?

RHP are ranked third or fourth on holidaycheck but tenth or eleventh on here

Barut Lara are top on TA but tenth on holidaycheck

Holidaycheck has more than double the amount of reviews than TA so you assume double the amount of guests travelling from those countries as well

You would assume all Hotels would take note of all the forums that people take notice of when booking holidays

I believe there is a German TA forum as well

Level Contributor
567 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do the main hotels read the forums?

Ah right I think it was peter that said inci read the forums. I thought that too about the maxx and the voyage having the same person answer them, but I guess it's probably just someone in their head office as opposed in the hotel.

Denis at the calista reads the forums. I have just seen if I can get there in my budget but sadly not!

Yes have just read the palazzo reviews, not the best recently, and patthedrum is a trusted forum member too and lots of experience of turkey.

Level Contributor
567 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do the main hotels read the forums?

I never really look at holiday check apart from to look at more pictures. It never looks very organised and most of the reviews are translated so it annoys me ha! I should look at it properly,

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do the main hotels read the forums?

Like in all businesses (my own included) there aren't enough hours in the day to do all the things you want to do

You see some Hotels have a period where they respond to every single review good and bad then just stop - probably someone changes job or they are too busy etc

TA, Holidaycheck, holidaywatchdog (not sure if it's still going) they are all huge factors in where discerning people go on holiday now

A high rating worth its weight in gold. A low rating the opposite.

I wouldn't book any hotel without knowing what to expect - good and bad

Then once the hotel is booked use TA again to check out what to do and where to visit in and around the Hotel

TA to me is better than any guide book as it's updated every day!!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do the main hotels read the forums?

My advice to anyone who gets to a Hotel and is unhappy is write a review detailing why on day one. Make it one star and show it guest relations and ask them what they are going to do to make you change your opinion and quickly.

Maybe don't post it but show them what you intend to post and give them chance to rectify before you do

Anyone worth their salt would welcome the chance to make you happy

If they don't act post it and warn others

Edited: 28 June 2014, 12:35
Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,149 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do the main hotels read the forums?

Hi Sooziebabes

You would hope the hotels would monitor but reality is too much work and not enough time.

On my recent visit to the Calista / Denis told me there is software that alerts hotels to their mention on all the review sites which saves them logging onto TA/HolidayCheck etc and trawling through, however he wasn't aware of the Forums until Ann (toady) introduced him to them, I know he follows them and i think it's great he has insight to what the guests require and can act on it. I recently aired my concerns to the Xanadu after reading negatives in the Forum, hopefully they will now act on it.

Nearly every hotel lobby proudly displays TA certificates etc. it must be very important to them, let's face it there are a lot of high standard hotels in this region - tough competition

If in doubt email the Barut Lara if you haven't already

Regards

Angela