We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Splitting stay at Lara Beach & Belek

UK
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Topic
Splitting stay at Lara Beach & Belek

I am thinking of splitting my weeks stay at Antalya. I was thinking 3 or 4 days at Delphin Diva Premier and remainder at Maxx Royal at Belek. This was I get to relax in the hotel resort for few days at Lara beach and then can get out more when in Belek.

Any advice or suggestions appreciated.

Stoke-on-trent...
Level Contributor
845 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Splitting stay at Lara Beach & Belek

Did a week at Corniela Diamond last year then went on to Delphin Imperial for a week in Lara Beach. Had a taxi pick us up to take us to Lara. Everything was spot on.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Splitting stay at Lara Beach & Belek

We are doing 6 nights in antalya near to kaleici then 6 nights delphin diva. So we can eat out and visit a few places first week. Do some shopping etc without paying all inclusive prices and feeling like we should stay on the resort.

Edited: 02 July 2014, 21:12
scotland
Level Contributor
4,098 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Splitting stay at Lara Beach & Belek

Nothing much in Belek.It is tourist town..full of "fakes" shops..some small restaurants

If staying in Maxx I am sure you wont want to leave it..

It is quicker to get into Antalya old town from Lara.

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,510 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Splitting stay at Lara Beach & Belek

Hi bournesupreme

Have you booked your hotels yet?

You opted for Delphin Diva to relax but the Maxx Royal is more relaxing as it's more spacious and less crowded.

The hotels are very different - but so are the room rates!

If you want to visit Antalya Old Town then do that from Lara. Perge is on the way to Belek so can be visited from either resort. Aspendos is closer to Belek and Side is accessible from Belek

I'm a fan of Delphin Diva and what you get for your money - i recently had a tour of the Maxx Royal whilst staying at the sister hotel Voyage, and the Maxx is in a totally different league, all rooms are suites and incredible, the Horse Bar just blew me away - maybe one for us to aspire to when we don't have the expense of children travelling with us.

If you are looking for relaxation the Calista gets my vote, it is very tranquil and calm around the pool, the sunbeds are only 1 row deep around the pool, have the deepest mattresses - bliss, the pier bar is stunning and the whole complex oozes class in a light & airy environment - bit more affordable than the Maxx

Let us know how you get on

Regards Angela

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,377 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Splitting stay at Lara Beach & Belek

Hi Bournesupremo01

I am not sure how practical splitting a week up would be as you will waste half a day packing and travelling etc and all this with a young child in the August heat. If you were to do this though you would be far better at the Maxx Royal for the relaxing part of the holiday as your spending a lot more money for that hotel but then I suspect you would not want to move on !

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Splitting stay at Lara Beach & Belek

I would always do the relaxing part second. I could see that a few days in delphin followed by a few days in maxx could work although not sure if 7 days is enough to do a split centre

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,377 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Splitting stay at Lara Beach & Belek

10 days would be a better option if doing a two centre but getting to Belek or vice versa is not going to be cheap! You will need a Taxi.

I enquired with a transfer company that I am using in January but they do not do between resort transfers just to and from the Airport as I was going to have my last few days at the Barut Lara. 10 days Maxx Royal then 4 days in Lara but I gave up on that plan !

UK
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Splitting stay at Lara Beach & Belek

I've not actually booked hotels yet.

Well, I probably will book Maxx Royale towards my last few days so I can immerse myself in the hotel fully.

To be honest, I don't plan to do much sightseeing as this holiday is purely for relaxation and well deserved as well.

9. Re: Splitting stay at Lara Beach & Belek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 06:16